☾ 48 ☽

"Though I may not look it, I am one of the Yonnin," Tsunade said as she, her apprentice Shizune and pig Tonton, Jiraiya, Tsukiko and Naruto gathered outside the pub and in the middle of the street. "Why should I even take a Genin seriously,"

"What did you say?!" Naruto shouted and Tsukiko frowned. Why is she so dismissive of a Genin when they are the future of a village? Tsukiko pulled at her twin tails in frustration. Tsunade held up a finger.

"An advance for a KO?" Jiraiya said. Tsukiko wondered what Tsunade meant by that. What kind of hocus pocus went on in Ninja battles of the olden days?

"I don't mean one minute," Tsunade said. "With one finger. This is enough to take you down," Tsukiko sweat-dropped. "Well, come on, kiddo!"

"D-Don't make fun of me!" Naruto shouted angrily. He went rushing at Tsunade and took out his Shuriken and Kunai. Tsukiko stood back to watch.

Naruto threw the Shuriken first but Tsunade dodged them easily, and as Naruto bore down at her with the Kunai, she stuck her finger into the Kunai's ring and took it away from Naruto's hold. She used Naruto's Kunai against him, jerking his forehead protector off and flicking him in the middle of the forehead.

"Tsunade-Sama!" Shizune said as Naruto went skidding back, rolling over himself. Tsukiko sighed as he came to a stop and his forehead protector fell at his feet along with his Kunai.

"Hey, brat!" Tsunade shouted. "I'll ask you one thing before you faint. Why do you get so passionate at the mention of Hokage's name?" Tsukiko turned to look at Naruto.

"Unlike you," Naruto said coldly. "I will be the heir to the Hokage name, no matter what!" Tsunade stared at him. "Because Hokage is... Because... Becoming a Hokage is my dream!" Tsunade seemed rather bothered by this.

"Usa?" Tsukiko muttered when Naruto suddenly created his imperfect Jutsu that Jiraiya had taught him and went running at the distracted Tsunade, who looked rather surprised.

But Tsunade gained her senses back rather quick and slammed her finger into the ground, creating a fissure that imbalanced Naruto, causing him to fall back and get stuck – thus negating the Jutsu before it could come close to her.

"Idiot," Tsukiko told Naruto as she jogged over to pull him out of the fissure before he got himself stuck even further. "You haven't even mastered that Jutsu and yet you attempt that?" Shizune rushed over to them as well, worried.

"Jiraiya, are you the one who taught him the Rasengan?" Tsunade demanded. Tsukiko looked up, so it was called 'Rasengan'?

"I'm his teacher, after all," Jiraiya replied. Tsunade didn't really seem very impressed by his words and tsked.

"You and the Fourth Hokage are the only ones who can use that Jutsu," Tsunade said. "Are you acting like a teacher by teaching him something he can't master? Don't give him any ideas! That's why this kid likes to daydream that he's going to become Hokage someday,"

"It's no joke, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted. "Stupid! Stupid!" Tsukiko didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his insults. "If I have three days, I'll master this Jutsu!"

"You said it, kid," Tsunade said. "Men don't go back on their words," Now, Tsukiko wasn't sure if she liked where this was going.

"Hah," Naruto replied. "I stand by my words. That's my Nindo," Tsunade studied him for a few minutes before speaking up.

"Then, how about a wager?" Tsunade said. Naruto looked confused. "I'll give you one week. If you can master that Jutsu, I'll acknowledge that you have what it takes to become the Hokage and give you this necklace,"