☾ 53 ☽

"To tell you the truth, I have no idea what to do," Tsunade admitted as she sat in her office. Chunin Exam Proctors, Ibiki, Anko and Genma, stood on her left while Shizune (holding onto Tonton) stood on her right along with Chunins Kotetsu and Izumo. "There were some opinions that there should be no qualifiers this time due to the final part of the exam being incomplete.

"However, I've heard that the Sandaime was extremely impressed with your matches," Tsunade dipped her brush into the ink and held it over an open scroll. "And considered recommending you two as Chunin... All of the other feudal lords watching from other countries as well as the other examiners agree with this,"

"Since that's the case, there isn't anything more for me to say about it," Tsunade concluded. "Therefore, keep up the hard work and do not bring any disgrace to your forehead protectors. Congratulations, from this day forward, you are both Chunin,"

"How troublesome," Shikamaru said under his breath. Tsukiko rolled her eyes at him as she crossed her arms haughtily. But inside, she was cheering loudly that she had been promoted to the rank of a Chunin.

"Be a little more festive, Shikamaru," Tsukiko teased the older male as she tilted her head to the side. "You shouldn't have been so good if you didn't want to become a Chunin, Usa!" Shikamaru rolled his eyes at her and pushed her face away.

"Tsukiko, stay back for a second," Tsunade said when the rest of the people began to pile out of the room with their scrolls and files. Tsukiko flushed, wondering if she was going to get scolded for annoying Shikamaru.

"Is everything all right, Granny Tsunade?" Tsukiko asked as she walked over to the desk once the room was empty. A tick slapped onto Tsunade's forehead at the nickname but she didn't say anything about it.

"The Third Hokage was much impressed with what you showed in the match following the Second Exam, and I can understand why," Tsunade said. Tsukiko nodded in understanding. "I want you to focus on your duties as a Chunin, and you must check in with me every evening from now onwards,"

"Every evening...?" Tsukiko asked. "What are we going to be doing? I usually have Byakugan training with the Hyuga Clan..." Tsunade nodded.

"Yes, I understand that," Tsunade replied. "I will arrange that to be moved around sometime. I want to make you an apprentice of mine," Tsukiko stared at her, nodding slowly and Tsunade sighed. "Show a little more enthusiasm, would you? It's not every day that I choose an apprentice!"

"Usa!" Tsukiko said loudly. "Thank you for taking me as your apprentice, Granny Tsunade!" She bowed deeply, her head barely missing the desk and avoiding a bad concussion. Tsunade nodded at her, sweat-dropping. "I will be going now!"

"Wait a moment!" Tsunade said suddenly. Tsukiko stopped mid-step and turned to look at Tsunade. "You have the ability of Shikotsumyaku, right?" Tsukiko grimaced at the thought of that and nodded. "Are you able to cultivate cells and bones?"

"Usa, I can," Tsukiko replied. She turned around completely, furrowing her eyebrows. "Do you wish incorporate some of the bone fragments into Lee?" Tsunade studied her for a few seconds and then nodded. "It wouldn't be a problem, just let me know as soon as you require them. I will be leaving now, see you,"

Tsukiko pulled out some money from her pouch and hurried toward the Daifuku shop to get some sweets for Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke for her promotion to Chunin. She really wanted to celebrate with her friends and this seemed like a good time to get together and meet up with Sasuke at the hospital as well.

Remembering that Sasuke didn't like sweets much (something that personally offended Tsukiko), the white-haired girl made sure to remember to buy some Omusubi for the Uchiha male. Tsukiko set off toward the direction of the hospital, knowing that if Sasuke was there, so was Sakura, and if Sakura was there, so was Naruto.