☾ 34 ☽

"We've got to stop by Lee's room," Tsukiko said to Naruto and Shikamaru as they headed down the corridor. "I've got to give him this flower," She held up the white peony so that they could see it. Naruto pouted. "I got you one, too, Usa!"

"Really, Kiko-Chan?" Naruto asked, happy. Tsukiko nodded as they turned around the corner into the next corridor. But the smile on her face fell off when she felt a surge of Chakra present there. Shikamaru looked at her confused.

"There's something here... Someone..." Tsukiko muttered as she suddenly went rushing down the corridor. Naruto and Shikamaru shared a look with each other before hurriedly following after her toward Lee's room.

Tsukiko slid open the door to Lee's room and almost let out a shriek at what she saw inside: Gaara was standing next to Lee's bed, and the unconscious older Genin was being covered by Gaara's sand. Shikamaru and Naruto arrived behind her, and looked in, equally shocked.

"Shikamaru," Tsukiko muttered as Shikamaru immediately used his Shadow Possession Jutsu while Tsukiko quickly went through hand seals, "Crystal Style: Prussian Fruit," Shikamaru stopped Gaara's actions and Tsukiko covered Lee with the protective crystal casing.

"You jerk!" Naruto shouted angrily as he punched Gaara in the face, which also had an impact on Shikamaru due to his Jutsu. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Shikamaru rubbed at his cheek.

"Hey, Naruto!" Shikamaru complained. "During Shadow Possession Jutsu, it's impacting me, too! Okay?!" As Naruto apologised to Shikamaru, Tsukiko stared at Gaara, whose Sand Armour was cracking at his cheek.

"What the hell were you trying to do?" Naruto demanded of Gaara, who was staring at the three of them. Tsukiko grimaced, knowing that if they had not arrived on time, Gaara would've used his Sand Coffin on the older Genin. "You jerk! What were you trying to do to Bushy Brow here?!"

Gaara glared at Tsukiko. It was partly her fault he was feeling so murderous. The white peony in her hand right now, the white peony was holding onto that day in the marketplace, and the white peony in the vase next to Lee's. They're all the same. He couldn't understand why Lee's Sensei stopped Gaara from killing him, or why this girl is bringing Lee flowers.

"I was trying to kill him," Gaara told them bluntly. Tsukiko was unnerved by how calmly the older boy had said it. How could someone be so used to violence that it doesn't make them flinch at all?

"Why would you have to do something like that?" Tsukiko asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "You have already beaten him in the match, haven't you? What more do you want? Do you have some sort of personal grudge against him?"

"I don't have anything like that for him," Gaara replied. "I just wanted to kill him, that's it," Tsukiko swallowed slightly, worried. He was rather scary when he said things like that without any emotion on his face.

"How can you say something so selfish, you bastard?!" Naruto shouted at him, pointing his finger at his face. Tsukiko glanced at Naruto.

"You... You had a lousy upbringing, didn't you?" Shikamaru said. "All you seem to care about is yourself," Gaara looked at him emotionlessly.

"If you three get in my way, I will kill you all, too," Gaara told them. Tsukiko looked at Naruto and Shikamaru, and Lee. What can she do to assure their survival?

"What?!" Naruto demanded, outraged. "Go ahead, if you can dare!" He held out his fist at the redheaded Genin. Tsukiko wondered if he even thought that they had more people to save than Gaara did?

"Hey, Naruto, calm down!" Shikamaru told him. He looked back at Gaara. "I know you're strong from seeing you in the competition with him... But we can keep up with you," Tsukiko looked at him, what a blatant lie. "We didn't show you our best skills in the preliminaries, and it's three against one! You're the one who's at a disadvantage. If you're smart, you'll do what I tell you and just get lost,"