Rescue?

Charon's POV

I sit in the bed quietly waiting for my little rabbit to go to sleep. When her breathing was finally steady I take my chance.

I slowly rise out of the bed pulling the covers back up to her neck.

"I love you Velvet, sleep tight" I say a smile adorning my face. I then slowly make my way to the door being mindful to not wake the sleeping team behind me, after getting to the hall I quickly make my way to my room

Time skip

When I finally arrive my teammates are hard at work. In the daytime, we just hang out... but at night we are hard at work managing our criminal empire.

"Gale?" I say looking at the young boy typing into a laptop, he seemed very attentive so I'm assuming he's managing/distributing out our stocks/ supply's raids to Empire city.

"Stocks" he deadpans. Called it.

"Dante?" I ask he was writing on paper, so I guess he was doing all sorts of things including
1. Writing fake witness accounts to get some of Roman's guys out of jail
2. Forging cargo manifests, we have to get our weapons into vale somehow, this also ties into our contraband smuggling ring
3.managing gambling transactions from our casino shares all across the world.

Despite my calling I receive no answer from my angry looking brother.

"Con-"

"Get over here now!" Connor says urgently. I rush to his side looking at the screen.

"I was looking through our camera feeds to make sure gangs weren't making deals without our say-so and I found this" he says showing me a live feed with a beaten Y/n and a cat girl. What shocked me was the fact that that girl was able to kill the three reapers lying on the ground,

"Charon, if the authorities find the reapers bodies then our secret is out and our master plan is done" Connor says worriedly. I think about this

"I'm going to call Jack's regiment from the flood town district to finish them off, it's the only way" Connor says. But I was decidedly against that. An entire regiment marching down the street would also reveal us... even a small kill squad would draw attention in the criminal underworld... I knew what had to be done.

"I'll go" I say beginning to walk away. Everyone seemed shocked.

"The boy they call Y/n is too far gone, he can't live without-" Connor try's to rationalize with me about killing two kids.

"... without a Reapers Tar healing, I know! But what other options we have?" I say not waiting for an answer and teleporting to the back of the ally way.

The girl was still holding Y/n and the sound of the rain blocked out the sound of my footsteps. This was perfect, I couldn't use my Tar healing in front of her because then she'd know I was related to the reapers. She had to be dealt with before I could start healing Y/n.

Using the rain as cover I creep up behind her and grab her pressure point making her stiffen and then collapse into and unconscious pile.

Thankfully for me, Y/n had passed out from blood loss. I lie him down getting down on my knees, knowing the toll that healing a body this badly injured would take on me. I pull up his shirt looking over the broken boy... this was bad... only Jack's Flood town, faction has a legacy of brutality that matches these injuries. I'd have to do a full body chrysalis to even hope to heal this.

I put both of my hands on his chest as if I was doing CPR and suddenly Tar comes off my hands, spreading across his body. He winces as the Tar scalds and cauterizes his scars, the Reaper Tar was created as a symbiote meaning it will flow into his cuts and pull the skin back into its original position and cauterize the skin back shut. Sure, it may result in scars but it's better than being in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. It can also act a s a sort of liquid cement to keep bone structure.