Stare

Blake's POV (the same night)

It was 11 pm and Me and the other girls were sitting around in the dorm, Y/n had gone into the shower and hasn't come out in 7 hours.

Ruby sat with her head in her hands silently sobbing. Yang was comforting her, I'm glad to see that behind that punny mask there's actually a sister.

Weiss just stared off into space with a confused look on her face, she hadn't been in a situation like this... none of us had.

"Rubes, I'm sure he just needs to cool down-"

"You didn't see him! He looked dead!" Ruby yells in a distressed tone, remarking on the fact that Yang had showed up last because she had gotten into a fight.

Yang seemed dejected as her point was missed, but continued to pat her sisters back none the less.

"That poor boy..." Weiss remarks now looking down sadly. We all let out a sad sigh in agreement.

I struggle with my next words. I wasn't sure how well-received my next idea would be...

"Do you guys wanna try... talking to him?" I suggest rather quietly. Ruby raises her head revealing her tear soaked cheeks, she meekly nods.

"He is in no condition to be talking to anyone. He's way too unstable"Yang says worriedly.

"So what? We're going to just let him sit there and cry his eyes out?!" Weiss protests.

3rd person POV

Y/n sits in the shower leaning against the wall, the water splashing down on him. The dead look in his eye remained hard, but the tears were now masked by the water flowing down his face. He hadn't even turned the lights on, the only source of light was coming from under the door.

Jonathan Irons had been a good father, he always comforted Y/n when he was sad, he played with him when was a kid. And he was never his real father, and that makes him even more caring. that man saw something that he had no emotional attachment to and decided to shelter it.

A truly good man... and that makes this even worse...

Y/n's tears begin to flow more, not like he would have know, he couldn't feel a thing, emotionally or physically, the hot water had run out long ago and the freezing cold water made his body feel numb. Not like he minded, this is the one place no one else was.

'I hope whoever did this spends that money they stole from him fast...' he growls in his head, his crying briefly stoped, a flash of anger tanking over before the forlorn bout regained control.

"Y/n?" A timid and gentle voice is heard faintly, being muffled out by the water.
He simply glances toward the door with his empty eyes, not even turning his head.

Behind the door, the girls sit outside the bathroom in all sorts of positions.

After receiving no answer she continues

Y/n guides his gaze away from the door.

"Uhhhh, I know you're... you're hurt, and me and Yang know..." she struggled to get the words out through stutters.

"...we know-know just how bad it is to lose a... a parent..." she continues. Y/n's eyes narrow as he mentally inspects each word that came out of her mouth for a hidden intention.

"...a-and we were informed... that yours...passed away... in a gruesome fashion" Yang picks up.

'That's an Understatement' the boy thinks to himself.

It had been on the news, he had been beaten to death and stabbed, after so he was mutilated-

———————————————————————————

Y/n narrows his eyes as he looks down at the piece of paper.

"Ya seemed monotone so I decided to give ya a reason why... no need to thank me... ha!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

———————————————————————————

'Fuck...' Y/n thinks.

'I'm a fucking idiot!!!"

'How could I have not known that these two things are related!?' He yells at himself.

"But I just want you to know that I'm here for you... we all are" He whips  his head around now sporting a passive aggressive glare, although he wasn't mad at the girls... he was mad at himself...

"Y/n... please come out..." Ruby says starting to tear up. Y/n recognized that tone in her voice... his mood instantly changed back to sadness.

'Anger won't do anything for you now...' he says to himself.

"Please don't cry..." he chokes out, his voice was weak.

"Please come out..." she asks again

Y/n looks forward, his muscles didn't want to move. On top of the fact that his skin had turned pale from the freezing cold water.

He leans up, grabbing the shower handle and twisting it down. And just like that, it was quiet. Y/n's eyes widen as the outside air hits him and he realizes just how cold he had been. His teeth start to chatter and he begin to shake.

He goes to stand up, feeling a sudden pain in his right leg. He was having a cramp from being in a stationary position for to long.

He sharply inhales... if this had been any other day of the week he would have screamed. He would have screamed and cussed and shouted till the moon came crashing down, but now was not the time. People who seek revenge don't show pain, they don't scream. So neither shall he.

Getting out of the shower, his movements were slow, methodical. Through his limping Y/n stubs his toe on the sink cabinet, but he was so numb he did feel it (rip Chester Bennington)

He gets a towel an wraps it around his waist. He closes his eyes taking a deep breath, And opening the door.

The girls were horrified by his appearance, his skin was pale white from the tempature, his eyes were still producing tears(even though he was not aware of it), his face was crowned with a look of sorrow and misery.

(Being medically accurate: if something made your body so cold that it caused your skin to change color then that color would be blue because it's literally freezing the moisture in your body, you can see this in the victims of most sinking ships(pictures not for the light of heart)but it's my book and I can make you the palest little Irish boy to ever walk the face of remnant)

"I'm sorry girls... I've just been-" he was cut off by being pulled into a group hug by the four girls, holding him tightly, he enjoyed the change in temperature.

"Shut up you idiot you don't have to apologize for anything!" Yang yells hugging tighter

"I'm just glad you're ok..."Ruby says sincerely.

"Don't scare us like that again, we thought you committed..." Blake says leaving him to fill in the blanks

"What are you apologizing for you dunce!? Your reaction was natural!"Weiss says rather inaccurately, but she had good intention.

'Ain't that the truth...' the boy thinks, sighing in relaxation, allowing the affection of the girls who he loved so dearly to warm him up