Pieces

(Hi guys the chapter is finally here. sorry I couldn't get it out sooner I had a lot of work, that was a lie, I'm a procrastinator) don't mind the pic I just think it's cute

ENJOY

3rd person POV

Y/n looks over the menu with lazy eyes, it was his lazy morning and by god was he gonna milk it for all it's worth.

"Now that we're here, I've never actually asked: what is your favourite food?" the indecently-dressed blonde next to him asks. He closes his eyes for a second, as if to ponder the question.

"Hadn't really thought of it, why spend time enjoying your food when you can actually be doing stuff? I eat what I get" he says plainly.

"Oh-"

"That being said, I do enjoy a good waffle from time to time" he says throwing the menu down on the table.

"Ah" she says affirmatively.

"Do you guys know what your getting?" The young waitress asks as she approaches their table. Y/n lazily sits back in his chair.

"Regular morning waffle...please" Y/n says, adding on the last part as if he forgot it.

"And you miss?" Yang shakes herself out of her thoughts at the question, she had been staring at Y/n.

"Uhhh, Just give me the morning special" she says, her breakfast choices were the last things on her mind at this moment. She was worried about Y/n.

Y/n was usually a no-nonsense individual, he sat tall, with a gaze that stared right through you, his usual personality was on autopilot, emotionless, always polite, monotone.

This was not what she was seeing.

The boy who sat in the chair was leaned back and slouched, his gaze was turned to the rays of golden light peering in through the window, but this gaze did nothing, it didn't stare right through you, it didn't judge you... it just... stared out into space lazily. His personality was lazy, as if his mind was absent, forgetting pleases and thank you's, not putting very much thought into decisions.

It was everything the man she loved WASNT and this worried her.

As the waitress leaves Yang gently grabs his hand.

"Y/n... you don't have to be this way, healing takes time, you don't have to say you're fine if you aren't-"

"I never said I was fine, I came to terms with it. It still lingers in my mind..." he says not even turning to face her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks gently. He shakes his head.

"No... no I don't"he says plainly.

"If I can do any-"

"I know... you guys spoil me like that" he says as the waitress drops off their breakfast. Yang pales as she sees boiled eggs in front of her.

"Not an eggs person, I assume?" Y/n says with a small smile. The corner of her mouth turns into a snarl.

"No sir" she says pushing the plate away from herself.

"If you don't want it: you're not hungry enough" he says with a chuckle. She scoffs.

"It's not the end of the world or anything, plus you fight tomorrow, just eat" he says encouragingly. She smiles.

"Ok!" She says tearing off a piece of his waffle and jumping the table. Tuning around to face him with a shit eating grin.

Y/n peers over at her without moving his head, his head still tilted down at his plate, suddenly that scary, yet entrancing look returns. The corners of his mouth curls into a sadistic, yet playful smile.

Her shit eating grin drops.

"I'm sorry..." it comes out as squeak

Time skip

Y/n and Yang sit in on the floor of their dorm playing cribbage. It was now the afternoon

"Run of three for three and a go is 4" Y/n says as he once again skunks Yang (skunk: cribbage speak for beating someone badly) Yang snarls.

"What is this!? That's the third-"

"Yang? Y/n? We're coming in!" The all -to familiar voice of the energetic red-head pipes out from beyond the door.

The door opens as the three girls who had previously been absent return. Their faces light up as they spy Y/n with a smile on his face.

"Hiya girls how went the fights?" Y/n asks in his new lazy tone. Ruby's face lights up and she begins shaking. Y/n's smile drops as he realizes how big of a mistake he just made.

Time skip

"... and then coco jumps up and shoots mercury..."

Y/n was dumbfounded

"How is it that your academic performance is sub-par but you can talk about this for-'

Y/n looks up at the clock

'Thirty-five minutes!' He mentally yells.

"Although coco's shaken up" Blake interjects stoping Ruby's rant, ruby gives a childish glare. Y/n's gaze sharpens immediately.

"Explain"

"Yatsu had been taken out a while ago in the match, and yet she claims she saw him moments before she was attacked again"Blake says thoughtfully

"Probably Just battle fatigue..." Yang interjects

'Or a semblance...'Y/n thinks

His life had definitely taken a Jurassic turn, a big, bad bust. But all the pieces of the things that have screwed him over in the past few days have started aligning and he wasn't liking it...

This was not good