Ch 06

Jungkook's POV

I woke up just like any other day, taking a quick shower, wearing my clothes and going to the kitchen to have breakfast with my parents. It's great that we don't live in the pack house even though my parents are the Alpha and Luna of the pack but it's all thanks to the peaceful years that we are living cuz way back there were lots of wars between packs for territories and power, I heard lots of stories about those wars from my late grandparents. But we still go to the pack house and have our training there to be fighters , even though I said peaceful years we never know when will we ever have wars again cuz nothing changed really from way back non of the packs are connected to each other or have peace agreement so we need to be prepared all the time. "Hey Mom, dad" I greeted taking a seat at the table "Hey son, how are you feeling? You got in yesterday earlier than everyday .. were you feeling sick?" Mom asked concerned about my weird behavior yesterday "I'm okay Mom I wasn't in a good mood that's all" I said smiling at her "and what made you in no good mood son?" dad asked and I looked at him "nothing really"I shrugged "well if you felt anything weird just tell us about it .. it might be related to you coming off age and you might be close to your mate and you don't know it" hearing him talk about my future mate like I was going to meet them any minute soon but I'm really not in a hurry, not at all.

"Don't worry dad I know what you are talking about and I'm pretty sure if I felt something towards someone they would be my mate" I told him annoyed at how all of them talking all the time about my mate and all 'I did feel attraction towards someone but we can't mate with humans' I saw my dad looking at me intently "Look son it's less than a month and you will be off age and you need to find your mate so you would be the Alpha of the pack and start taking more tasks related to the pack and learn all about it... we never know when you will find your mate but I really hope it's sooner than later , you will be happier trust me" he said smiling at mom and she also smiling at him with flushed cheeks.

"Oh come on stop staring at each other with heart eyes while I'm around I will get jealous" I said jokingly throwing my hands in the air dramatically and they laughed "that's why you need to find your mate and be lovey dovey with her" mom said sheepishly "alright alright, I'm going now see you in the evening" i said taking my bag and heading out of the kitchen.
.
.
.
I picked up hoseok and arrived to school, today we have practice for the first half like usual so we headed to the lockers to put our bags and head to the changing room I started humming "oh someone is in a good mood now huh?" hobi said while changing I laughed and looked at him "yeah kinda" he frowned "Don't Tell me it's because of what you told me yesterday, I already told you it can't happen and you need to ignore whatever you are feeling right now" he said huffing at me "if the alpha knew about this he will be really mad" I closed my locker after finishing changing "the alpha knows that all of the teens in the pack have flings with humans so it's no biggie" he looked at me seriously "yeah as you said flings means not being serious ... And man I have never seen you act up this way about anyone girls throw themselves at your feet to pick them for a one night stand ... But you getting affected was never happening but now you get this much affected when you just met THAT'S A FIRST" I pushed my hands through my hair sighing "Would you believe me if I said it only took one look for me to be this way ... I can't even understand it myself .... Let's just not talk about it yeah?"

I looked at him and seeing how his eyes changed to concerned ones "but promise me one thing kook... You can't keep anything from me I will help you the best way I can... I'm your beta after all" he said hitting my shoulder with his elbow and I chuckled softly "Yeah my right hand man ... Let's head to the field now" I said putting my arm on his shoulder "Now tell me how you gonna surprise your mate when he comes off age I bet you are super excited" I put him in a headlock and he started laughing aloud "man I can't wait anymore but for him I will do anything wait for years if I had to ... I fell hard for him kook watching him from afar and catching on his little habits and body gestures..... God how I want to embrace him right now and kiss him breathless" I chuckled at how the number one playboy in school could turn to this love struck just because of the mate bond "well man I wish you all the happiness, when you finally mated you can do whatever with him but not in front of me eww" I said the last part running from him cuz I know I will be beaten to death for joking "Come here you little" see I told you now he is running after me in circles on the field and all of the sudden stopped "you know I sometimes think about .... What if he won't like me because of who I was before finding him, I don't think I can handle that" now he seems all depressed and gloomy "come on man don't think that way after all both of you are meant to be together.. you are mates he will definitely feel the same way" I said as if I was convincing myself and he looked at me with a small smile on his face "Yeah you are right I'm just overthinking" he said starting laughing as if he got a bit of his hopes back.