1/2 Happy Birthday Captain!

*yawn* "5:55 in the morning this is waaaay too early for my taste!" You nuzzled back into your pillow your eyes catching a glimpse of the moonlight meet the sun. Laying back in your soft warm bed meeting your blankets body warmth.

Your eyes opened again you huffed annoyed "....Now I have to pee!...." you spoke to yourself in a hushed tone. Throwing the blankets off you. *and I was comfy too* you thought annoyed you feet meeting the cold floor all was quiet in the living room, the kitchen and no noise from even downstairs in the lab. The whole facility was lit up by the windows light coming in dark with a hint of yellow.

Everyone was still sleeping...so you thought till you heard the elevator opening revealing Sam, Bucky and Steve walking in seeing your grumpy state. They didn't say anything, they knew better than to even say hi to you unless it was softly spoken so early at this time. After you came out of the bathroom you saw Steve softly wave not even saying a word smiling softly with his blue eyes. As you did the same tiredly, Closing the door. Only to have Bucky whisper from the kitchen to you. "Y/n...Don't you wanna tell Steve something?" He raised a brow Steve shaking his head smiling. You thought for a moment You walked into your room. "Let her/him sleep Buck..She's/He's too tired..." He smiled. Seconds later you walked out hugging Steve. "Happy Independence Day.." you muttered into his side hugging him tiredly. Sam chuckled you turned to him annoyed with a morning expression. He turned pouring his Orange juice. "She's/He's only lived with us for a year.." Bucky sighed "a year and Yet she/he still doesn't know..." Bucky softly tugged your ear with his right palm. "hmm?" "It's Steve's birthday.." he said your eyes shot open. "Aw crap!" Steve chuckled "It's okay..It's on a holiday and I don't normally do anything...I don't care for it." He said looking at Bucky and Sam while still holding you.
"Y/n?" Your breathing was softly in and exhaled into his side asleep. Bucky smirked. His cold left hand snaking into the back of your shirt. Your eyes shot open again. "Eugugh!" You gave him an annoyed look. He ruffled your hair. "I hate this!" You sighed "Forget it! I'm up!" You grinned annoyed. "Steve are you sure you'll be okay for your birthday?" You said softly. He nodded "I don't care for all of what Tony's gonna throw me to be honest..Buuut I know it's coming..." "hmmm.."

———————-

12:34 pm.
"I don't know..It's just gonna be ten times more difficult to plan since Sam had to go in Paris for recon.. and it sucks cause he won't be back till tomorrow..."

Bucky said laying bare on his stomach wearing grey shorts with you sitting on his back playing with Etch A sketch. "But I thought Cap said it was okay.." "Pff oh He says that every year....he's just not into all the crap Tony throws him..." "Is this why you wanted me though? So I can help you?" "Mmmhmm" "What if you take him out drink-"
"Can't get drunk."
"How about a movi-"
"Nothing interesting yet."
"Dancing?"
Bucky's head shot up a little. Then he shook it. "No..." "Why?" He sighed "Did he ever tell you about Peggy?" You nodded. "They never got to dance.." "I know it's important and all but...So?" ".....It might upset him.." "How do you know? You should take a chance...I know how close he was with her, he told me but he also said he has you...Maybe you two could dance..." you laughed.

"But I wonder who would take the lead considering the height difference..." "He was short first!" His remarked made you laugh. He turned you now sitting on the bed. He kissed your forehead. "But I think it'll work.." he smiled. "Tell Nat..For me?" He smiled you nodded.
—————-
6:17
"Well let them know I'm busy..." Tony said ending the phone call. "What was that about?" Steve said putting his cup in the sink. "A speaker for you fiesta!" He said grinning. The blond sighed "You do this every year it gets to out of hand..and you always do some prank in front of the team on my birthday..." he shook his "I know and I'm usually proud of myself every year..But you'll like-No I think you'll love this one..actually...I've planned a whole trip for you while it gets ready!" "I don't think-" "C'mon big guy!" Nat smiled "It'll be just us anyway, Barnes actually had to train y/n on fury's order....since that accident in Norway..." Steve shook his head. "Tony dared her.." He sighed annoyed.
"She/He said it was worth 4o$" The door closed with Nat and Steve exiting. "K...Alpha Team B has left the hawks nest!" You sighed

"Why Alpha?"
"And why B?" Bucky added
"Cause I'm number-I'm team A!"
"Forget it!" You sighed walking with Bucky "Tony where's the speaker?"
"On its way up the elevator!"
——————
"Yeah that was a good mission We did handle it swiftly!" Steve laughed as did Natasha walking through the park.
"Ya know it's kinda reeks that Sam,Buck, even y/n couldn't come..." he said looking at the ice cream stand. "Well it's work...it happens..." he nodded. "I know but I don't really care about that whole party that Tony's throwin' me but if it means you and Them are there and we spend Time that's all that matters!" He smiled softly. "Now I see where y/n gets the emotional talking from." She smiled

——————
"God damn Bucky! This weighs a ton!" "That's because Thor's sitting on it!" "Dearest apologies!" "C'mon help me put it in the room!" The two men nodded. "Thor can you cook a cake?" Tony turned "Its bake not cook stark." Bucky corrected him earning an annoyed glare met with a smirk.

Thor nodded "Why of course I can cook but you have to do it by the book!" You laughed "Please don't." Bucky deadpanned.
——————

Natasha stared at her hands seeing and feeling wet drops. Steve looked up "Summer Rain? Haven't had that in a while?" He smiled "C'mon we should head back.."
"Wait!"
"Come on Nat, I know you've stalled me enough and you guys just wanna get the party and Tonys jokes started but....This is different it's rain..." she softly smiled. he laughed "It's always the same thing." He said but this time happy but masked with slight....sadness and she knew it too. Over the years and even the additional four that Bucky has had since joint the avengers it was always the same thing when it came to his birthday....He brushed it off like nothing...Was it more than just his the loss of Peggy was it more than a loss of Barnes only to slowly gain him back? What could it be? the parties and people? Work?
—————-
"Argh! Okay! It's done!" Clint said sitting it down. "Now we can move on. To attire!" Tony said (If your reader is male then just ignore what's about to happen and you can skim past it. If your character is female...ugh..just go with it?)
"K Jarvis Already used our measurements." He smiled "y/n I already got you and Romanoff some dresses suited for this..." he held yours folded in the package you took yours holding it and staring at it with discomfort. "Barnes I got yours tailored to match the occasion..there's two ties in there if you wanna match the suit to color." he said handing his quickly moving onto Thor and Clint Bucky looked at you noticing your expression. "Mmm.."
"Y/n...are you okay?" He asked softly
"U-ugh I'm ...yeah I'm good...." you softly smiled He could tell you couldn't lie to him.
"Alright Nat shot a text they're on the way. Get dressed guys." "Pup?" "C'mon you want help?" Bucky nudge his head toward his room. You shook your head.