Chapter 11

Molly's POV

"Hey mama," Calum laughs, "It's your turn again." I blink and nod, moving up to the green of the mini golf level. I put my ball down and hit it softly. It stops about six inches from the hole, closer than Calum's. We move down the course towards the hole.

"Are you good babe? You look like you're lost in thought."

"I'm good," I assure him, smiling slightly, "I'm just tired. I haven't been sleeping very good. I think I got a few hours last night. I don't know though." Calum hits the ball and misses. He hits again and knocks it in.

"Inferno?"

"And the baby," I admit, "I don't know what to think about. I'm so stressed out." I hit the ball into the hole then bend down and grab it. Calum pulls me into his arms, holding my body tightly, resting his chin on top of my head. I cling to the back of his shirt, hiding my face in his chest.

"It's okay," he whispers, "It'll all be okay, Molly."

I sigh, "I know. I just want to figure this all out before she comes." Calum nods. Something flashes in the distance. I groan and pull away from Calum. I glance up and see the annoyed frown on his face. More flashes. Fucking paparazzi.

"Do you just want to go?" He asks me, taking my hand as we walk through the course, golf clubs in hand, "We can just go back to my place and movie marathon."

"Do you mind?" I inquire, "I really am having fun here. I don't want to just leave if your trying to make me feel better or anything, Hood."

He laughs, a smile lighting up his face, "No, I just don't want to deal with their bullshit. Let's go." I smile and squeeze his hand as we walk past the last few courses. We turn in our golf balls and clubs before going back out to Calum's car, which is surrounded by paps, who start screaming when they spot us.

"How's the baby?"

"Is Inferno a real threat?"

"Is the baby Calum's?"

"Does it have super powers?"

I roll my eyes and push through them, climbing into the passenger seat. I slam the door closed. Calum climbs in and locks the doors. We slowly back out of the parking space, being careful to not hit any of the paparazzi.

~

"Are you really okay if she has powers?" I break the silence we've been sitting in ever since we put the movie on.

Calum sighs and pauses the movie, "I already told you yes, Molly."

"I won't be upset if you say no," I assure him. I pet Duke, who is lying on my stomach, "I just want to talk about it, Cal."

"Well I want to watch the rest of the movie," he retaliates, nodding towards the screen. His jaw is tense again. He won't meet my eye.

I sigh, "Yeah, okay. I'm sorry. I guess I was just worried about nothing." He nods and plays the movie again, his gaze locked on the television screen. I close my eyes, my mind racing.