Chapter 19

Luke's POV

"Something weird is going on with Molly," I say as soon as Ashton gets into my car.

"I'm getting flashbacks to back before we knew Molly was Psyche," he states, making Michael laugh. I roll my eyes and smack Michael's chest since he's the closer of the two.

"What's wrong with Molly, Luke?" Michael asks as I back out of Ashton's driveway and get back onto the highway.

"Do you actually care, or are you just humoring me?"

"Come on Luke," Ashton reasons, "We're sorry about the joke. What's wrong? For real."

I sigh, "She was acting weird this morning when we had breakfast. She kept, like, looking over at me and almost wincing like she was expecting me to start yelling at her. Then she mentioned that she might move in with Calum."

"Well duh," Michael deadpans, "What did you think would happen after she gave birth? Calum would just keep spending the night at your house to be with her and their daughter?"

My cheeks heat up as I make a left turn, "I don't know. I just, I don't want Molly to move out. I love living with her. And what happens if her and Calum break up, and she needs to move back? Shouldn't they wait until it's a little more serious?"

"Luke, if Molly and Calum break up, and she needs to move out and can't still live with him for the sake of their child, then I think you have bigger problems than her needing to move back in with you because that will have been one ugly breakup between your sister and one of your best friends. And a little more serious? They've been dating for a little over two years and are having a baby together. How much more serious are you looking for?" I don't answer Ashton's question, my face and neck still burning with embarrassment.

"What's this really about?" I glance over at Michael and see the sympathetic frown on his face. I move my gaze back to the road, not wanting to face him when I talk about this.

"I just don't want to lose the relationship I have with Molly. When we were growing up, the two of us weren't close at all. I hung out with Jack and Ben while she stayed with Drew. We didn't get close at all until she moved to LA with me after Drew died. I love how close Molly and I are, and I don't want to lose that. What if she moves in with Calum, and we drift apart and become those siblings that only see each other on holidays and shit?"

"Well considering the fact you live, what, ten minutes from Calum's house and are in a band with him, I don't think you'll have to worry about only seeing Molly on holidays. Not to mention, we're always getting kidnapped by super villains, so you'll definitely see her when she comes to save us," Michael jokes, making me smile. I turn right and pull into the parking lot of the familiar studio.

"If it really worried you that much, Luke," Ashton starts as I turn off my car and unbuckle my seat belt, "then just talk to her when you get home later. All of us know that both you and Molly will feel better about life if you just sit down and talk it out."

I nod, "I'll talk to her when I get home."