Chapter 18

Molly's POV

"Morning Molly," Luke greets, smiling warmly at me. I nervously take the seat beside him at the bar, watching as Sierra makes breakfast.

"What's up?" I ask, kind of scared he'll bring up last night.

"Just trying to figure out if I feel like picking up Ashton and taking him to the studio with me and Michael or if I don't feel like it. His house is a little out of the way and will definitely get us stuck in traffic."

"You should just pick him up," Sierra comments, "We all know that you're gonna get stuck in traffic either way because you always leave late. If you take Ashton though, you won't be lonely while stuck waiting because we all know Michael is gonna be on his phone." Luke nods, raising his coffee mug to his mouth.

"Fair point," he mumbles, "I guess I'll go get Ashton. What do you two have planned for today?" I shrug, still kind of confused about how his attitude towards me changed so dramatically from last night. I almost ask him what time he got home last night. I stop myself though, scared that I might just piss him off again.

"I can help you build the crib, if you want Molly," Sierra offers, putting a pancake on my plate.

I hesitate, "Thank you, but I think I want to wait until Calum stops being distant, and we finally talk and figure out where we're gonna be living." Luke freezes, a frown on his face. Sierra sends him a look and shakes her head no slightly. He goes back to eating his breakfast, not saying anything. I bite my tongue yet again, not wanting to upset him. The three of us eat in silence for the next fifteen minutes, until Luke gets up, tells us he has to leave, grabs his keys, and heads outside to his car.

Sierra catches me watching the door he just walked through, "I think you just caught him off guard, Molly."

"What?" I question, confused.

She moves over to the seat beside me, "About the whole living arrangement thing. Luke hasn't really thought about you moving out, even after you have the baby. If I'm honest, I don't think it's really registered with him that you will have a baby in three and a half months."

My frown deepens, "What does he think is gonna happen in three and a half months? Besides, moving in with Calum is not exactly out of left field. We've been dating for a little over two years."

"He sees you as pregnant, but it just hasn't registered that you're actually gonna have a physical person. If I'm honest, I think he's still a little bit in shock from finding out that you are pregnant. He'll be fine though. I just don't think Luke wants to admit that you're growing up. He still kind of sees you as the sixteen year old kid he brought over from Australia all those years ago."

"Jesus that was a long time ago," I laugh, resting my head on her shoulder, "Seems like forever." She just laughs and gives me a hug.