Chapter Seven

Chapter song: This is home by Cavetown

Y/N's p.o.v.

We walk over to the tubes and I reach for a pink single one. "What do you think you're doing?" Colby says walking over to me with a green double tube. Sam and Elton had a double tube for themselves and were talking to the worker.

"Uh getting a tube," I said laughing.

"Nah you're riding with me." Colby dropped the double tube he was holding and grabbed the single one out of my hand. He threw it back on top of all the others. He picked the double one up again and started towards Elton and Sam. I jog to catch up with him and walk beside him. We start up the stairs Elton and the worker first, Colby, me, then Sam behind me.

The stairs up to the slide were tall metal stairs with spaces in between each step. After we made it up the first flight, I felt a little nervous and dizzy. These type of stairs scare the heck out of me. I am scared of heights but in like a certain manner. Walking or sitting on something high makes me so scared and nervous, but things like roller coasters don't seem to bother me.

 Walking or sitting on something high makes me so scared and nervous, but things like roller coasters don't seem to bother me

We continued up to the second platform I was shaking. When I stepped onto the platform I looked over the edge to see how high we were. I grabbed the handle bar and stopped. Colby and the others ahead didn't notice and kept going, I figured I would catch up with them when I'm good. I closed my eyes holding onto the railing, my hearing getting muffled. I felt a hand on my back, rubbing in circles.

"Deep breaths, you're fine. Your fine Y/N." Sam whispered in my ear. I took a few deep breaths and opened my eyes. Sam was standing behind me with his hand on my back. He turned me around stared at me with a concerning look. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yea sorry, I just don't like heights..." I trailed off. I heard someone coming down the steps behind me.

"Yo are you guys good?" I hear Colby's voice and turn around. He must've been able to tell I was freaking out because he turned to Sam and said, "what's wrong?"

"She doesn't like heights, bro," Sam replied.

"Well actually I just don't like walking or sitting on tall things. And I hate these steps," I correct, once again looking down.

"Well you're going to be fine with us," Colby said then smiled. Sam placed his hand on my back again as we started back up the steps to reach Elton and the workers.

When we got to the top, Elton gave Colby a GoPro. Elton and Sam went on the slide first, I could hear Sam yelling at Elton the whole way down. Colby turned on the GoPro and the light then put the double tube in the water. He stepped up towards the tube and sat down in the back. The worker, her name tag said Holly, helped me into the water. As I sat down in the front, I felt Colby grab my waist and help me down. His legs came up around the side of the tube and I lifted mine off the ground. "All right," the worker said grabbing the back of the tube, "3...2...1..."

She gave us a big push and we were off. Colby has the camera light shining in our faces so I couldn't see what was ahead, making the whole ride scarier. We were both laughing and screaming the whole way down. At the end of the slide was a twenty foot drop into the pool. I felt our tube get a little airborne and I closed my eyes. As we came down the slide and into the pool, I felt myself thrown off the front of the tube and slam into someone.

A/N: The end where she gets thrown off the tube has actually happened to me 😂. But hope you liked it! Let me know what you think in the comments!

-Sam