Chapter Ten

Chapter song: Me & You by Little Stranger
A/N: for anyone that doesn't know this story is also on my Instagram @colby_brock04

Colby's p.o.v.

I decided to take Sam's advice and just go out with Y/N before the party. Sam said that it would be possible for her to meet someone at the party. Not that It'd be a bad thing, I just know a lot of the guys at the party would wanna do stuff, then never talk to her again. She's too good for them. Maybe if we went out tonight and bonded, she would go to the party with me. I don't know, it sounds stupid but I do know I want to get to know her more. I text her the address to Tendergreens and throw my phone onto my bed. I've been home all day and am still wearing sweats. I get up and get dressed

I leave my room and go to go in the bathroom

I leave my room and go to go in the bathroom. The door was locked. "Yo!" I yell as I bang on the door. I had to leave in like fifteen minutes.

"Im almost done!" Sam screams back out. Ugh. I stand against the door frame, waiting to do my hair. It was naturally pretty curly but I never wore it that way. I only needed like ten minutes to straighten it out. Sam opens the door while he's brushing his teeth. His hair is wet and the bathroom is foggy.

"Gotta date with Katrina?" I asked. He nodded spitting out his toothpaste and leaving the bathroom.

"You'll be fine," he says as he pats my back, then leaves. I guess he could tell I was frantically nervous.

I finish up in the bathroom and grab my phone and wallet. I jog down the stairs, grabbing my keys from the wall before I go out the door. I get into my red Toyota Corolla and put on some of the cologne I had sitting in the center console.

Y/N's p

Y/N's p.o.v.

I pull up to the restaurant in my dark blue pickup truck.

The sign is lit up saying 'Tendergreens

The sign is lit up saying 'Tendergreens.' I hop out of my car and grab my bag. As I'm walking into the restaurant I see Colby waiting in the front. He's sitting on his phone when he glances up and sees me.

"Oh hey," he says standing up and pulling me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him too and said hi. He walks up to the front and says "table for two." The waitress nods and grabs two menus while walking in the direction of our table. Colby lets me go first and he puts a hand on my back as I pass by him. She leads us to a booth and I take one end. Colby slides in across from me and the waitress asks us for our drinks. I get a Dr.Pepper and Colby gets the same. She walks away and Colby looks up at me.

"Soooo," I say awkwardly.

"Have you ever been here?" Colby asks.

"I think I've third wheeled with Tessa and Noah here once," I remember looking around. He chuckled.

"Yea I feel that. I normally come here with my friend Brennen. He will be at the party on Friday."

"Oh nice." I say nodding. I didn't wanna tell him that I had seen some of their videos together, while I was binging last night.

"So have you lived in California your whole life?" I asked.

"Oh no, Sam, our friend Jake, and I are from Kansas," he replied. Wow. I did not expect that. Colby is so not the cowboy type. He wears a lot of black, has blue streaks in his hair, and has a lot of rings and chains.

I guess I was thinking for a while because he just laughed, "yeah I know we don't fit the part." Well at least he knew. Maybe he was a Kansas boy at heart.

The waitress came back with our drinks and took our orders. I got the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich and Colby got the Backyard Marinated Steak. While waiting for our food we talked about his work, my job, his life in Kansas, his house now, and our friends. Turns out he lives in a big mansion with Sam, Corey, Aaron, Devyn, and Jake. He said Elton used to live with them but moved out a little bit ago. Our food arrived and it was delicious; I was so hungry. I hoped he likes girls with a big appetite because I was not afraid to eat.

A/N: kinda a longer one. Let me know what you think in the comments!
- Sam 🖤