Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter song: 10/10 by Rex Orange County

Y/N's p.o.v

I woke up to my heart racing. I was sweating and Colby's arm was draped across my chest. Did I have a nightmare? I peer over at the clock. 4:37 am. I moved Colby's arm to the side and he stirred a little, but didn't wake.

As I walked out to the kitchen to get a glass of water, it felt as if my heart sped up. Now I understood what was happening. My hands started to shake as the tears poured out from my eyes. I slowly slid down against the cabinet, sitting on the floor of the kitchen. Just as I thought my random panic attacks were going away.

Colby's p.o.v.

I stirred a little and reached for Y/N, but no one was there. I sat up and checked the time on my phone. 4:40. She was probably just in the bathroom. Out of nowhere I hear a loud sniffle. Is she crying?

I jumped up out of the bed and ran out into the main room to find her. I looked around but didn't see her. I heard more noise coming from the kitchen. I ran around the island to see Y/n on the floor, with her head in her arms. She was curled up into a ball, crying and shaking. This looks the same as when she had that panic attack. I slowly walked up to her and kneeled down in front of her.

"Y/n?" I said, placing my hand on her arm. She looked up meeting her crying eyes with mine. "Hey, hey breathe. You're okay." She shook her head no and her breathing continued to pick up. I sat down and pulled her into my lap, hugging her tight.

"I.... can't... breathe..." she coughed out, in between cries. She looked terrified in her eyes and she was shaking more now.

"Tess!" I screamed, hoping to wake her friend up. "TESSA!"

Tess came running out of her room into the kitchen. "What's wrong?!" She exclaimed, taking in Y/N's state. "Oh my god! She needs her inhaler. Hold on." She darted out of the kitchen into Y/N's room. I heard her rustling around in there before she ran back out. She handed the small inhaler to me and I pushed Y/n back on my lap so I could see her face.

"Y/n, baby. Come on you gotta take this. You're okay. You got this." I handed it to her and helped her shaky hands put the device to her mouth. I pushed down on it, puffing the air into her lungs. She tried to take a deep breath but her body shook and wouldn't let her. She took the inhaler three more times before she was able to take a deep breath. "I got you. You're okay." I said pulling her onto my chest again and rubbing her back. I nodded to Tess, letting her know that I got her. She nodded back and went back into her room.

Y/N's p.o.v.

I pulled back off Colby's chest, now being able to breathe. I took in his concerning expression and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "Thank you Colby. So much." I sighed. I stood up and he did with me.

"Go lay down, I'll bring you some water." He said, grabbing a glass out from the cabinet. I walked back into the bedroom laying down and pulling the blanket over my legs. Colby walked back in and handed me the glass of water. As I took a sip, he sat down next to me and said, "what happened babe?"

I gulped down the water and said, "honestly I don't know. I haven't had a panic attack like that one in like a month. I used to wake up once a week with them. I don't even know why I get them."

Colby sighed and said, "I'm so sorry that happens to you. If I am here next time, please wake me up though."

"I will, and seriously thank you for calling out Tessa too. I don't know what could've happened if I didn't have my inhaler."

"I will always be there." Colby placed a soft kiss to my forehead and I placed the now empty glass on the nightstand. "Let's go back to bed." He said and laid back.

I turned towards him placing my head on his bare chest and wrapping my arm across his waist. Colby pulled his arm up around my shoulder and rubbed circles on my back. I was back to sleep in seconds.