Chapter Three

"Then let's break it." Mae powered up to super saiyan blue and brought her hands out in front of her. "Final Flash!"

Niya waited for the attack to strike, knowing it wouldn't dent it. The energy hit the barrier before disappearing.

"Hmm that didn't work. Perhaps if we all blasted it?" Mae ran a hand through her blue hair.

"It's probably-,"

"Unbreakable," Amina finished Jay's sentence.

"The barrier may have been created with the energy of these jewels. Whoever trapped us here, knew how to harness all three of the jewels' powers!" Niya deduced. "We may be able to bring it down by channeling the power of the jewels and conducting the hand motions in reverse."

Jay took the jewel from Amina, lifting it up and saying, "alright jewel, do your thing. Work your magic."

Mae powered down, pulled out the black jewel, and looked into it. "This doesn't seem like a good idea. I'd rather rely on my own strength rather than using this jewel. Besides, that Goddess said this one was the most dangerous."

Niya turned to Mae. "I think Lady Ayata meant using the Black Jewel for selfish reasons would be evil. In this case, you'd be using it to help us escape."

"What would Jiren do?" Mae whispered. "Fine. Let's see how this goes."

Niya was relieved her companions agreed to idea. "It's simple," Niya began. "Mae, you saw me do it earlier. The reverse, however, is starting with your arms outstretched, as if pushing someone, then pulling in, and lastly, meeting your hands near your center."

"I'm not gonna have to share my body with some God am I?" Mae asked paying close attention to her movements.

"I...," Niya started, "I don't think so. But please be careful with how much power you use. When I first used mine, I became a terrible person. So please, Mae, cleanse your mind of dark thoughts before you begin. You too, Jay. Your's is the Jewel of Good, so refrain from other thoughts as well. Let me know when you two are ready."

Immediately after that, Jay said, "Ready."

"Uhh, okay, we might have a problem, but I'm sure it'll be okay," Mae said after a moment. Drae was still in her mind.

Niya was shocked at the quick answer from Jay. She was unsure about Mae's response since she didn't want her to be devoured the death of the jewel. "Take your time to calm your minds," Niya reassured them.

Mae took a deep breath and shoved the thoughts of Drae further down. She had won the fight; she was the one in control. Instead, she cleared her mind and thought of Gohan who was completely good. "Okay, I'm ready," she nodded to Niya and Jay.

Niya nodded to them. "Good. Let's get started then!" She repeated the hand motions one more time for them to see. "Got it?"

Jay wasn't looking, "Could you that one more time?"

"Yes," Niya nodded. She held her arms out as if she were pushing someone. Then pulled her arms in, as in getting ready for the act of pushing. Her middle and pointer fingers were stood up as she pulled her hands towards her center, her right hand above her left, hands horizontal and parallel to each other. Lastly, she pulled her hands upright as if almost in prayer, middle and pointer fingers standing all. "That's it," she said, eyeing Jay.

"This with, the this, and that with, then that," Jay whispered to himself. Almost practicing it before asking once again, "Alright, I think I got it, but can you do it one more time?"

Niya gave a sympathetic smile, "Ah. What part are you having trouble with?" She repeated the hand motions slowly.

"Well when you-- Everything," he admitted.