Alt Epilogue Part Six

Amina walked over to the group, next to Xicor. "So what's that about?"

"He called the old lady old," Xicor responded.

"I'm guessing she didn't like that."

Xicor nodded.

"Is he going to work on the Z-4?" Amina asked.

"I think so," Xicor said.

"Hmph, I just hope he doesn't destroy the entire party area when he fails to solve it again."

"Hold up what now?" Mae asked what she heard Jay might destroy they area.

Amina turned to Mae, "Do you have a question?"

"He might destroy this whole area?" Mae asked. "Why?"

"Oh it's a long story, but to cut things short here's a basic lowdown. He'll be disappointed if he fails to solve the Z-4, which will lead to him then either having a fit, getting angry, or sometimes he'll just power up to his max and obliterate the area surrounding him." Amina answered.

"Why doesn't he just figure it out?" Mae shrugged. "Or instead of a temper tantrum looking at it from a different angle?"

"The Z-4 is the hardest thing to solve in existence. His father Ceric can't even solve it, and along with Jay, they've tried almost every combination possible. It's more complex than you think." Amina said. "Only a real genius could understand it."

"So what's the point then?" She asked. "What's it do?"

Amina tapped her chin. "That's something only Jay and his father discuss, other than that, it's kept a secret."

"Hmm, well hopefully he can figure it out I guess," Mae shrugged.

Amina tilted her head, "Not... likely. Well, at least not here at the party.

Mae just shrugged.

"What do you mean you're leaving?!" Touka shouted at her brother, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

Niko was surprised at her raised voice. "If I want Mae to train me, I have to go stay with her. Mom said it was okay."

Touka made a sad face. "Sh-She did?"

Mae came over to them. "I promise I'll take good care of your brother," she smiled at Touka.

Touka felt immense sadness. "But... But..." She didn't know what to say as tears streamed her face. She hid her face with her hands.

Niko made a sad expression as well. Niya went over and embraced her daughter. "It's going to be okay. He'll come back, right, Niko?"

"Yeah!" Niko quickly agreed. "I'll get stronger and then come back to show you, okay?"

Touka peeked from her mother's embrace at her brother. "Promise?"

"I promise," Niko smiled.

"Mae and I won't let anything happen to him," Jiren said, meeting her at eye level.

Touka wiped her tears and nodded. "O-O-Okay."

Niko turned to his older cousin, who was doing Tarron's hair by instruction of Miyako. "Hey, Noemi!" he gestured for her to come to them.

Noemi gave him and look, sighed, but stood and walked over to them anyways. "Yeah?" Her pink hair was now in an elaborate braid like Miyako.

"Since I'm leaving," Niko began. "You're gonna have to take my place to watch over Touka and Tarron."

"I already do that," Noemi rolled her eyes. Niko gave her a look as if to be wary of her response for Touka. "Yeah, um," she cleared her throat, "I'll look out for them and beat up anyone I need to."