Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kenna stood waiting on the elevator. She was very nervous and frightened. "Please allow me to take you to the last level..."

"Are you okay?" Jiren asked Mae.

"Fine you?" Mae turned to him, still pissed at Seriah.

"Better now," Jiren said. "Thank you, Goku and Niya."

Niya smiled with a sense of relief. "I'm glad you're both okay. I just hope we'll all be okay by the end of our fight with Seriah."

"Oh, we will be," Mae assured with a look of determined rage. "I'm not about to let her get away with calling me a half-breed."

"She's going down," Goku nodded.

Niya turned to the little girl, who was patiently waiting for them. Kenna looked very uncomfortable.

"Let us get going then," Miyako said, heading for the elevator. The others followed suit.

"Now that we're all here, we're heading for Level Five: The Boss Battle," Kenna announced. "The only way to save yourselves is to defeat Master Seriah. I'll try to help when the chance presents itself..."

"No, you find a way to escape," Vegeta cut her off.

Kenna was surprised. "What? Run away...? I can't. I have to help if I can!"

"Now would be your best chance to find a way out of here," Goku told her calmly.

Kenna was silent. She looked around at the open space, then gave a small nod. "I think I know how to get out of here," she softly said. "Okay, then. Be careful, please!" She took off flying in the opposite direction.

"Niya, you still have the potara right?" Mae asked her.

The elevator continued to ascend without their guide although it was moving slower. Niya looked at the girl was light sadness in her heart. She hoped Kenna would be alright.

Niya snapped to Mae. "Yes, I do... We're going to need it, aren't we?"

"I have a feeling we will," Mae nodded. "Dad, Vegeta, I think you will have to as well."

Miyako frowned. "I wonder what tricks she's going to play this time."

Monma slid his helmet back on. "Do not worry. I will be sure to always be tracking her. I will let you either of you know if you are in range of a critical attack," he assured them.

"Goku, you used Ultra Instinct against me in the Tournament of Power. Do you think you can achieve that form again?" Jiren asked.

"I'm not sure, but maybe," Goku thought. "If Mae can, then I'm sure I can, too."

The elevator broke down just as they were about to reach the new level. It stopped. Their only way to reach Level Five was to jump to it.

They did, and as they entered, they looked around at the extravagance of the room. It looked like the Roman Colosseum. All around them were people with blue skin, white hair, and crimson eyes. They were dressed in black clothes of all sorts, some wearing dresses, others pants, some shorts, even crop tops. They stood and cheered when the fighters walked closer to the arena. The Colosseum was illuminated with glow stone from the ceiling, sparkling white and gold.

Seriah stood on the arena with a patient expression, holding her staff.

"So, you wanted an audience for when you die?" Mae looked around.

Seriah chuckled, "Oh, Son Mae, that overconfidence you drag around with you will be your undoing."

"I wouldn't call it over confidence," Mae smirked.