Chapter Seven

As the blue aura was whisked away into space, the familiar figure of a tiger cub, Zheko, emerged. It looked down at awe of itself since it was enveloped by a blue aura. However, it soon whimpered and cried out as it was pulled through space at the speed of light towards an endless black pit of space. Its body was pulled and stretched unnaturally. No light touched it. It was only darkness.

At last, the tiger cub halted to a stop. Zheko's eyes widened as it saw a red aura, a woman, laying with her eyes closed and curly hair flowing. He neared the woman, and just as he was about to touch her, a voice -- many voices -- boomed from the darkness.

"Ah, hello, little creature," the voice chuckled, "I see you were unfortunate enough to have been selected as the keeper of the Mind and Knowledge."

The voices laughed, "You are now a part of me! And fear not, we will become the greatest in the universe. With you, I need one more jewel so we may become whole again."

Zheko whimpered, as it could no longer move, and he eventually was struck by a profound sleep.

~

"Do you think we should call dad and Vegeta for help?" Gohan asked.

"We?" Mae raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm going to help you fight whatever it is you are fighting," Gohan said.

"Are you sure?" Niya raised a brow, "This is very dangerous..."

"I can't just let Mae go into this by herself. And besides, it seems like you guys could use some help," Gohan said.

"No, you aren't coming," Mae told him sternly. Niya figured she had no say in the siblings decision.

"I've gotten my strength back!" Gohan snapped. And with that, the twins began bickering.

Jiren took another communicator out of Mae's pocket and began calling Whis. "My, my, this is a surprise," Whis replied upon answering.

"Do you mind sending Goku and Vegeta back here?" Jiren asked.

"Why?" Whis asked.

"We might need their help," Jiren said.

"I see. Well, I'll let them know," Whis said before hanging up.

"Do they always fight like this?" Niya asked Jiren and Piccolo.

"Only when it comes to one of them making a rash decision," Piccolo said. "Usually, it's the other way around."

"Oh," Niya watched curiously. She stifled a laugh, "How silly."

"A pain in my ass more like," Piccolo muttered. Niya began to laugh. It was so silly that even in their death situation, they managed to act normal.

"Niya, what do you think? Should Gohan come with us?" Mae turned around.

Niya stopped laughing and composed herself. She wanted to say, 'No,' as she thought about her timeline. Gohan would always sacrifice himself for others, without a doubt. But then she thought how it wasn't her decision to make. "Do you have a family?" she asked him.

"Yeah. I have a wife, Videl, and our infant child, Pan," Gohan said.

Niya's heart sank. "I recommend you not to leave them, because you may not return. This enemy is greater than anything I could've imagined," Niya explained, "But in the end, the decision is yours to make. I'm here because I'm involved, but you don't need to be."

"Gohan, Goku and Vegeta will be here soon. Let them help," Piccolo said.

Gohan looked down. "Fine. You're right."