Chapter Fourteen

"Trunks get up," Vegeta said shaking his son. "We've been transported elsewhere."

Trunks rubbed his eyes and met his father's gaze. "Father? Where are we?" he asked, hurriedly standing up, "Where's Niya?"

"I'm not sure," Vegeta said. "Mae and Kakarot are missing as well, but I can sense them. Niya is with Jiren, so you shouldn't worry about her."

Trunks looked around in the dim cell. There was an opening, but no light was seen. "I guess there's only one way out," he deduced.

Vegeta nodded. "Let's go then." With that, they headed out into the hallway. "Be on your guard."

Trunks pulled out a thin, gray bar, snapped it, and was thankful when it glowed crimson. "Niya's cousin gave me this in case of an emergency," he explained. They continued for a while, but slowed as the darkness began to rise in temperature.

"Where's this heat coming from?" Vegeta asked wiping the sweat from his brow.

In the distance, there was a dim blue glow, streaming down from up high. Trunks coughed, "It smells like sulfur..." He held his nose. "Let's check out that light."

"Try not to breath it in, just in case." Vegeta said as they ran towards the light.

As they approached, they could see the blue liquid streaming down slowly, as if it were lava. The liquid illuminated the area enough so they could see the volcano like shape. There were red glowing vines with black spikes littered around the volcano. They could see a few entrances into it. The vines seemed to be pulsing, and began moving around as if they were alive when the two saiyans approached. The volcano seemed to groan.

As if on instinct Vegeta brought his hands up. "Trunks, don't let them touch you."

Trunks held out his sword, one that glowed crimson in the dark. After it was broken by Android 18, Niya managed to help repair it with her Aunt in their timeline. "Don't have to tell me twice," he frowned.

The vines, as if attracted to the crimson sword, began to attack Trunks. He dodged, flew, and sliced away at as many as he could.

Just as one reached around to grab Trunks, Vegeta blasted it away. "I told you to keep your guard up!" He joined his son and began blasting the vines.

"I am!" Trunks replied, slashing the vines. They screeched as the were destroyed. The liquid seemed to stream more of the blue liquid until it began to drip off onto the vines. The volcano groaned even louder.

"This isn't good," Vegeta observed. He held his hand out towards the volcano wall. "Big Bang Attack!"

The vines reached up to protect the volcano, but they were too weak. Vegeta's attack shot through into the volcano, causing it to roar. The blue liquid sprayed everywhere, staining their hair and clothes. The vines tried their best to plug up the hole, but they soon shriveled and died. The color began to fade, and the volcano ceased to glow. On the ground, blue puddles gave off lumination. In a panic, Trunks hurried off his Capsule Corp jacket.

Vegeta powered up to Super Saiyan Blue burning off the strange liquid. "Are you alright?" he asked, turning to face Trunks.

Trunks powered up to super saiyan, and his liquid burned off with a sizzle as well. "I'm fine," he replied. "We need to find a way out of here before we encounter a stronger opponent."

"I just took down that thing. I think I can handle anything else that may come," Vegeta smirked. "But you're right. We should head out and find the others." He and Trunks flew up and through the hole he created.

Trunks was uneasy as he only saw mist. On the outside, it was cold, as if the land was struck by a winter storm. The fog was everywhere but he could see there was snow. "The others have to be close by!"