Chapter Sixteen

Shin appeared and grabbed Jiren, bringing him to the World of the Kais. Kibito was healing the others as Mae was lying lifeless on the ground. Trunks and Monma watched with a solemn expression at Mae's body. Niya stood watching as tears escaped and streamed down.

Vegeta placed a hand on her head before turning away. His fists clenched in anger. "Those bastards."

"Mae..." Goku said, holding his daughter.

"I couldn't protect her," Jiren dropped to his knees. "And I couldn't even avenge her."

Niya walked over to Jiren and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "You tried your best, Jiren," she assured him, "She knows that. We all know that." She smiled weakly at him.

"If I ever see that bastard Jay again, I'm going to kill him." Vegeta's fists were trembling. "He won't get away with this."

Monma hugged Trunks, as he was still a young teenager. He made some signs at Trunks, to which he widened his eyes.

"Monma says...," Trunks began, "There are Dragon Balls on Planet Namek?"

"Mae's never died!" Goku jumped up. "Porunga can bring her and Miyako back! Then, we can go take down Jay and that other guy!"

"It wasn't Jay," Jiren said bringing Mae close to him. "Seriah said they were clones -- just copies of the real thing. She seemed irritated that they did this, but she was fine that Mae was dead."

"Did she say what her goal was? Why she keeps coming after us even after we broke all the jewels?" Niya asked. She had composed herself and rubbed her eyes clean of tears.

"You, Mae, and Jay need to die so she can have what's hers," Jiren said. He didn't look up from Mae.

"So, Seriah isn't at her strongest...," Niya thought, "If we wish Mae back, then she wouldn't have gained any more power."

"You're probably right about that," Goku said. "Supreme Kai, can you take us to Namek?"

"Yes, I can do that, but will they let you use the Dragon Balls?" Shin wondered.

Monma continued to sign and stare at Trunks. "Monma says he is a... friend of theirs!"

"You know the Namekians?" Goku asked. "We do, too. I have a good feeling they will let us bring Mae back. I mean, she helped protect the universe a few times."

Monma nodded and took out his device. He tapped away, a voice replying when he was done. "I went on a diplomatic mission with them recently. My people have helped them greatly. Surely if you are friends as well, I see no reason why they would not let us use their Dragon Balls."

"Let's get moving then," Vegeta frowned. "Let's hurry and bring her back."

They turned to the Supreme Kai who was going to take them to Namek. He brought them to the Elder's village. "Son Goku and Vegeta! This is unexpected. What can I do for you?"

"We want to use the Dragon Balls to bring Mae back," Goku said. Jiren brought her forward revealing Mae.

Monma bowed to the Elder, but wore a sad expression for their fallen companion.

He signed to the Elder. "Your grandmother was killed as well?" the Elder frowned. He wore a weary expression. "Son Mae has helped the universe countless times. Of course we will bring her back as well as your grandmother." The elder said taking Mae from Jiren. "I will have the Dragon Balls brought at once."

Monma bowed as thanks. It wasn't long before all 7 dragon balls were gathered and the elder summoned the great dragon Porunga. He wished for Mae and Miyako to be brought back to life. Monma signed for him to also wish Miyako to Namek with them, and the Elder did. They used all three wishes and Porunga vanished.