Chapter Nineteen

Meanwhile, in the other timeline, Goku brought Niya to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. "So, when you were here with Mae, what did she have you do?" Goku asked as he stretched his muscles.

Niya thought back with a shudder. "We fought day in and day out. But to be honest, it was mainly her beating me, haha..."

Goku thought for a moment. "Yeah, that sounds like her. Okay, I want you to focus on building up your base strength. So, we're going to go out there where it's a bit more dense, and well, you're gonna do a lot of exercises."

Niya sighed and nodded. She once again tried to pull her long, frizzy, wavy hair back, but her hands got tangled in her hair with the leaves and twigs. "Ahh!" she cried out.

"Let me help," Goku laughed as he pulled out all the twigs.

Niya was embarrassed and pulled her hair to the side. "I think I should cut it again..."

"It might be a good idea," Goku rubbed his chin.

Niya looked around. "Are there those... hair cutters?" Her accent began to be heard somewhat.

"Hmm?" Goku looked and saw the scissors. "Yep. Want me to do it for you? I used to cut Gohan's hair when he was younger."

Niya felt like a child. "If you wouldn't mind, yes, please," she smiled softly.

"No problem," Goku said. Within a few minutes, her hair was cut just above the nape of her neck. "How's that?"

Niya ran her fingers through her hair and felt it was poofy. "I hate my hair... but thank you for cutting it! I feel a lot lighter!" she smiled. "Also, are we starting training right now?"

"Yep, let's start with some push ups!" Goku began eagerly.

Niya sighed and dropped to position. "Tell me when to start," she said. Her forearms were still slightly charred from Mae's earlier blast.

"Let's begin. Did you get into a fight or something?" Goku asked as they worked.

Niya worked steadily. "Ah, yes. Mae beat me in a spar again...," she laughed sheepishly.

"She must have been really irritated," Goku remarked.

"Gohan told me she was afraid," Niya remembered, "And I didn't really understand it, so I fought her to help her be at... calmness." She didn't realize she was forgetting her words. The Red Jewel would translate and help her speak before.

"Hmm, yeah. That's always a rough time to spar with her," Goku said. "During the whole Zamasu thing, Vegeta got to deal with that."

"What do you mean?" Niya asked. She didn't mean to sound nosy, but curiosity got the better of her.

"Well, Mae got roughed up pretty badly, and she won't admit it, but she kinda became afraid. So, Vegeta took her into the time chamber, and they trained. And based on what I heard, she was difficult for the first few months. I think that might have been one of the times they broke the Time Chamber," Goku explained.

Niya wore a weary expression. "I'm sorry to hear that. Hasn't all this been hard on you? I can't imagine my own son through this situation..."

"Nah. Mae is strong. Besides, she likes fighting and hates losing. So, every time she gets knocked down, she gets back up," Goku said. "You should have seen her when she faced Jiren."

Niya laughed, "That's hard to imagine. I could never see them fighting since they seem so close now. They are a good couple." She smiled.

"In the Tournament of Power, he really kicked her butt. I don't think he liked her in the beginning. Mae is really arrogant, but Jiren was too," Goku laughed.