Chapter Eight

Meanwhile, back in Universe 13:

"Come on, Vinicius, focus," Jay told his son.

"Deep breath... Yes!"  Vinicius shouted in excitement.

''That's a bogey. You need a hole in one if you want to win this game," Jay teased, talking to Amina.

"Nothing much." Amina hit the ball without looking. She was still staring at Jay.

"Hole in one!" The machine said.

"What the fuuu--" Jay was amazed, but his comment was cut off when the scoreboard showed up, and a lady read out the scores.

Team Boys: 78 Points. Team Girls: 77  Points. Team Girls wins!

"Yay, Layla, we won!" Amina shouted as Jay's daughter came rushing to her mother in excitement. "High five!"

Jay was in disbelief, "Yo! But how?"

"Math," Amina replied.

"Math?" Jay responded.

"Yeah, I measured the weight of the ball, and I calculated the trajectory-"

Jay cut her off, "No, you're just chatting shit now."

Amina giggled, "You know me well."

Jay grinned, "You know, you two may have won the golf game, but you aren't the real winners."

Amina stood confused

"Cause we have the credit card," Jay told his wife as her eyes opened wide.

"What? When?" Amina looked through her bag to see if it was just a fake. Unfortunately, the one in Jay's hand was the real thing.

"I got it! When you shot and did a hole in one, dad was a diversion," Vinicius said.

Amina looked at Jay, who was sporting a smile. "You..."

"Win!" Jay finished the sentence as he laughed for a sec.

'YOU LOSE!'

Jay heard a voice in his head, but it wasn't the blue jewels. It was something else, it was different, and it sounded like a mad monster or something. Wanting to see what was up, Jay created another diversion.

"Hey, why don't you take them to that pizza place down the street. The kids look hungry," Jay asked his wife.

"And you?" she asked.

"I'm gonna compare this course to the next one we are doing. I want to see what it looks like on TV when they show it compared to how it looks like when you actually see it," Jay explained.

"You're such a cheater, you just want to see the how-to tutorials on how to get a hole in one for all the holes, don't you?" Amina said.

Jay saw a bunny, "Hey, kids, look! It's Bugs Bunny!"

"Ooo!" The kids ran after the creature.

"Wait, kids! Hold on!" Amina ran to the kids to make sure they didn't hit a car or something.

"Make sure to get them pizza!" Jay shouted. His wife just rolled her eyes. Jay proceeded to walk around random parts of the area.

*So who's this? It doesn't sound like the jewel, and I mean that both ways,* Jay asked.

The voice laughed. "You pathetic, good for nothing. You let your Jewel shatter, and now, I am FREE!"

'Well when you think about it, it wasn't my jewel, init,' Jay replied.

"How sad you brush off your guilt, mortal. Now, I will become more powerful by absorbing the energies of the Great Creator! Say goodbye to everyone you love!"