Chapter Twenty-Six

"She did it," Mae let out a breath.

"She let out her full power and won," Goku grinned. He felt pride for his new student.

Niya stood, panting from all the stress and energy she used. She and Miyako powered down to their onyx hair and eyes, then looked at Seriah.

The Angel was once again displeased, but held her anger in. "Very nicely done," she spoke through gritted teeth. "I'm glad you saved me the trouble of destroying that good-for-nothing self-acclaimed angel." She glared at Kenna to continue her job.

Kenna gave a sigh of relief that Niya was able to overcome her weakness. "Niyata and Miyako, please return to your seat, as we will ascend to Level Three."

The two saiyans returned as instructed. Jiren inspected Niya's stomach. "Do you want a senzu bean? This isn't terrible, but it might be better to have one."

Niya refused. "Please save it for later use," she insisted, "I can heal myself..."

Miyako told Niya to sit down and healed it with a flash of crimson light. Trunks walked to Niya with sorrow in his eyes. As he was about to speak, she reached up and hugged him. They hugged for a while, which made Miyako and Monma smile.

Kenna slightly smiled as well. They ascended to the next arena. It was much larger, and even had Roman-like pillar for decoration. "We have reached the next arena: Level Three. The fighters Kakarot and Vegeta are up next." Their opponent was patiently waiting.

Vegeta turned to face Seriah. "Your little mind games won't work on us."

Goku frowned at her as the two saiyan floated down into the ring. Their opponent was a beautiful woman with long, white hair and soft-blue skin. She gazed at them with a small smile, but said nothing. Katerya was standing in a ring of fire, patiently tapping her foot on the cool, smooth marble.

"Vegeta, she seems much stronger than she looks," Goku noticed cautiously. "You still have that thing, right?"

"Of course, but I doubt we will need it," Vegeta said, narrowing his eyes at his foe. She held a thin, wooden lance in her hands, but continued to make no moves. Katerya instead gestured for the fighters to come to her.

"I'll handle this, Kakarot," Vegeta held a hand out. He powered up to super saiyan and flew straight for her. As he neared Katerya, she ran towards him and breathed fire into his face. Vegeta kicked her back at the same time. "Damn it!" he swore.

"Vegeta!" Mae yelled from the stands.

Goku powered up to Super Saiyan Two and used the opening Vegeta made to attack. Katerya easily gained her balance, then turned to Goku. Using her lance as a reference, she created many more and sent them to him. They were ablaze, as well as her hair.

Goku powered up to Blue and deflected them with a Kamehameha.

"Out of my way, Kakarot!" Vegeta yelled as he came flying at Katerya. He, too, was at Super Saiyan Blue.

Katerya smirked. She seemed to use her lance as a staff, and tapped the ground with it. Out erupted marble spikes from the ground all around them. Both Goku and Vegeta flew up to avoid the spikes. Mae frowned, nervously watching her father and mentor fight the woman. Jiren placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her.

"Vegeta, we gotta take her together!" Goku urged.

Katerya tapped the ground to regress the spikes. Instead, she whirled her lance, encircling flames around her. Out her whirling, she created a giant dragon of fire. She even pet it to mock the saiyans.

"I'll take her, you get the dragon!" Goku instructed. He used Instant Transmission to get behind her and punched her in the back several times before kicking her.