Chapter Twenty-Two

The last few months passed by, and it was finally time for Niya and Goku to leave the time chamber. Once they were out, Goku brought them back to the World of the Kais. Niya was surprised to see Vegeta training Trunks a little, and Jiren sitting beneath a tree meditating.

"Welcome back!" Shin greeted them.

Niya smiled at the sight before them, "It's good to be back."

"Seems you've gotten stronger as well," Shin smiled. "I hope Goku wasn't too hard on you."

Niya chuckled, "There's no way out of being a little rough sometimes, but he is a good teacher, and I'll forever thank him for his help."

"Heh heh, you're welcome!" Goku beamed at her. "So, Mae isn't back yet?"

"I haven't seen her come out of the time chamber in that timeline," Shin said. "I imagine she will be out soon."

Vegeta and Trunks finished their training and came over. "Did you learn Super Saiyan God?" Vegeta asked.

Niya nodded proudly. "Wanna see?" she smirked.

Vegeta nodded. When she powered up, he gave her a grin, "Good work. Seems Kakarot managed to teach you something."

Niya powered back down, and noticed Trunks staring at her, completely taken aback. He observed her shorter hair, confident vibe, and powerful energy. Her muscles had toned further, and he could've sworn she was a little taller.

She smiled, "Yes. It was a fruitful training," She went over to her husband and hugged him, "But I'm glad we have returned." Trunks slightly blushed, but smiled proudly as he warmed up to the embrace.

Niya saw Miyako and Monma make their way over as well. They wore happy smiles, but her grandmother frowned when she neared. "My, my, is that you Niya? Your energy feels different," she observed, "It's as if you longer had..." Her eyes widened and she turned to Goku, "What have you done to my granddaughter?"

"I took her into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber where we spent the last year training," Goku explained. "I helped her re-achieve super saiyan as well as teach her how to use divine energy. Now, she's at the level of a Super Saiyan God."

Miyako grabbed Niya's chin and inspected her face. The younger saiyan tried to back away, but Miyako held her tight.

She smiled softly. "I see you have destroyed the evil that we have been born with," she saw. "You are indeed a special girl." Niya gave a light smile and nodded as Miyako released her grip. Her grandmother gently stroked her face and brushed Niya's hair behind her ear.

Miyako turned to Goku and bowed. Monma seemed to somewhat understand what was going on.

"It was her hard work. I only helped guide her a little," Goku laughed and gave a big smile to Miyako and Monma.

Monma smiled at him and his cousin. Then he looked around and asked on his device, "Are we not missing someone?"

"Mae hasn't returned yet," Vegeta said. "Knowing her, she's probably harassing that guy for more training."

"Probably," Goku laughed.

Niya suddenly asked, "Has there been any sign of Seriah?"

"If there was, Jiren would have been up," Vegeta simply put it. "He's been meditating like that since you went into the chamber." Niya looked and saw rocks were floating around him while being crushed. "He can pick up her energy even in that state."

Niya gave a sigh of relief. "Well, I'm glad everyone is alright. I guess we should wait for Mae before making plans on Seriah."

"Trunks, shall we get back to training?" Vegeta asked.