Epilogue Part Two

From afar, they felt the explosions and blasts from Monma and Goku. Miyako chuckled, "Funny how those two are still at it."

Touka heard Niko and Noemi's conversation and hurried over to Vegeta. She looked up at him with wide eyes, but being shy, she said nothing. Vegeta looked down at her and patted her on the head. Niko and Noemi watched with curiosity.

"You're a good training partner," Goku smirked as he dodged an attack. "You've gotten a lot stronger!"

Monma chuckled from his new and improved helmet. He clanked his iron fists together and took off after Goku once more. "I am glad you think so," he replied, "It is my duty to be strongest for my people." He did a combo by doing an uppercut and a side punch of the face.

"So, you decided to become their leader?" Goku asked as he spun around and kicked him in the stomach.

Monma slightly grunted but managed to recover. "It is quite a long story," he replied, tapping the sides of his helmet. Two small projectiles emerged, aiming at Goku, tracking his every move. "My gadgets became popular after a while. My father saw I had great ideas for our people and stepped down. He asked me to become King, and now, here I am."

Goku began using Instant Transmission as he powered up to Super Saiyan God. "Are you happy?"

Monma powered up to Phase Three, aware of where Goku was thanks to his device. "Well, sure," his voice softened. "I get to do what I love for helping others, like I intended. But at the same time, I no longer have time to myself. Being King has many, many responsibilities..."

Goku appeared right in front of his face. "Make sure you take the time to do things you enjoy." With that, he kicked him into the ground.

Monma gasped and pulled himself out of the hole his body created. He removed his helmet, slightly panting. He wiped his forehead from sweat. "I try to," he lightly panted. "Which is why I appreciate moments like these, Kakarot," he smirked.

Goku held out his hand and shook Monma's. "Thanks for sparring with me!"

"It has been a pleasure," Monma chuckled. "I see I still have much to learn."

"Heh, there's nothing wrong with that," Goku smiled.

"I suppose not, but it always runs through my mind. The need to be stronger, to be better, is what drives me," Monma admitted, putting away his gadgets and relaxing to base form.

"I'm like that too," Goku said, sitting down on the ground.

"Grandpa!" Gicchin yelled as he ran up. "I saw you fight! You're so cool!" He looked up at Monma. "You must be super strong to be able to fight my grandpa!"

Monma looked curiously at the boy. "I would not say so. I am lucky to be on your grandfather's good side," he smiled. He noticed the boy look strangely at him since his lips didn't move as he spoke. The collar on his neck spoke for him and glowed with each word.

Gicchin flew up to take a closer look. "What is this?"

Monma took a step back. He was still ashamed of his muteness. "I use it to speak," he explained, "I can not speak without it."

"Woah! That's so cool!" Gicchin widened his eyes.

Monma was taken aback. A slight blush settled on his cheeks. "You think so?" he inquired, shocked.

"Yeah! You must be super smart like my Uncle Gohan!" Gicchin exclaimed as he looked at Monma's other equipment.

Monma looked down at his utility belt and gadgets stored in his shirt. He took a D looking disk and handed it to the boy. "Here," he smiled softly, "It has many uses in combat, from being a gun to a sword."