Chapter Five

Niya looked for the barrier opening, spotted it, and stared.

Jay shrugged. "Let me see. I'll talk to her telepathically." He looked up at the sky, and his eyes glowed white. After a few moments, Jay stopped the call and asked, "Hey, Mae, where can we find a Jiren?"

"I gave Amina the communicator to call him," Mae said. "But he's most likely in Universe Eleven or Seven."

"Yeah, she kind of broke it when you gave it to her," Jay returned to his call. "Universe Seven or Eleven... Mhm... Mhm... Yes... Okay, but what's for dinner? I'm getting kind of hungry here."

"She did what?!" Mae shouted. "How could she possibly break it?!"

"Nah, I think I'd prefer some fish, you know. Yeah, and--Wait a sec--What was that, Mae?" Jay couldn't hear Mae's shouting while he was talking telepathically.

"Jiren is probably gonna show up on his own," Mae shook her head. "Getting a new communicator from the Grand Priest isn't going to be a fun event." She turned to Niya. "So, what do you wanna do?"

"Maybe we should give the remaining Jewels to this Grand Zen-Oh person or this Grand Priest. It sounds like they are very powerful," Niya replied.

"Grand Zen-Oh is the Omni King. There is no one above him," Mae explained. "Let's go to Universe Eleven, and then, I'll take us to his palace. The Zeni in that timeline and I are friends."

"Alright," Niya agreed. "I'm not sure what I can do to help, but if you trust this person, then maybe he can help."

"Probably better if we all go since we all are connected by the jewels," Mae said. "Let's grab the remaining pieces of the Red Jewel. Jay, have Amina come back here."

"No, you cook the fish for five to ten minutes." Jay was still talking about food. "Yeah, and then you add it."

Niya glared at Jay, "How can you be thinking about food at a time like this?!"

"Huh? Say something?" Jay replied, placing Amina on hold.

"We are leaving you here if you don't hurry up!" Mae said impatiently.

Niya felt herself boiling on the inside again. She noticed it, but reminded herself she wasn't carrying the Red Jewel anymore. She had to be careful with her emotions.

"Niya, calm down," Mae said gently. She was picking up on her anger.

"Sorry," Niya smiled sheepishly, "This newfound anger is hard to control."

"Yeah, yeah, that's how I want my fish. Also, we need you here--" Jay stopped talking to ask Mae, "Just her, or do you want me to bring co?"

"It's okay, Niya," Mae said giving a comforting smile. "I dunno, who is with her?"

"She's with my brothers, Sage and Neros, maybe Taz as well. Though he's a friend," Jay replied.

"I guess you can bring them, but when we go see Zeni, I think it would be better if it were just us three. The rest can stay with the Pride Troopers," Mae said after a moment of thought.

"Pride Troopers?" Jay didn't know what the hell that was or who they were.

"They are like Universe Eleven's space police," Mae said. "They are Heroes of Justice or whatever."

"They sound gay, but I'll tell her." Jay switched back to calling Amina telepathically, "Yeah go ahead, they can come."

Mae rolled her eyes. While they waited for the others she sat down next to Niya. "So, what's your Trunks like?" She was trying to distract the girl.