Chapter Eighteen

"Ultra Instinct?" Niya awed.

"Ultra instinct, huh? My dad mastered that in a couple of minutes. It was pretty easy, but I haven't achieved that level yet, so I can't help. I've probably only gone as far as the omen state," Jay said.

Mae touched his forehead and showed him the time Goku transformed into Ultra Instinct.
"It's something my dad did once. It's the limit breaking power of the Gods," Mae explained to Niya.

"Eh, my dad can probably show you how to master it in like five minutes, so you should really be training under him," Jay noted.

"Would that be possible?" Mae asked.

"Of course it would be. That form isn't much to what comes after it," Jay stated. "And it doesn't require as much as you think it does."

"My dad achieved Ultra Instinct when he absorbed the energy from the spirit bomb that mixed with fighting Jiren triggered it," Mae explained. "I've been trying to find that power while training, but I haven't. I need someone to teach me, and since my father did it by accident, he can't really show me."

"You mean, after the first time, he can't transform again?" Jay was shocked. He sighed. "You Saiyans are just sad." Jay couldn't believe what he was hearing. His father made their Saiyans look like a joke.

"Well, it would be nice if you could help us!" Niya added. "You all seem so strong!"

Mae bowed before Jay. "Please train me to be a better fighter."

"Is strength all you want?" Sage asked.

"I thought before that strength was everything, but I was wrong," Mae replied, keeping her head to the floor.

Jay smirked, "Amina."

"Yes?" she replied.

"I'm having Victor flashbacks," Jay said.

"What do you--? Oh, I get it."

Jay smiled, "Anyway, Mae, that's your problem."

"What do you mean?" Mae asked.

"You and your friends focus too much on strength that you lack skill, so you can't really call yourself a true fighter with that mindset. That's why you always lose when someone above you comes into the picture... Look." Jay placed his hand on Mae's head, showing her his first true battle, and how he was able to beat Prince Victor, a super saiyan two, with just his base. "He was 100 times stronger than me, yet I still won the fight."

"That's amazing," Mae gasped. "I've always thought that if I could gain more strength and make my techniques stronger, I could win."

"Strength doesn't matter when you're the better fighter in combat," Jay emphasized. "Like, when you all got beat by my clone and Xicor, but that's not the point. He outmatched everyone that came his way. How? Because you just attacked like maniacs with your superior saiyan forms, showing little to no knowledge of true combat. You had no skill. And another problem: you depend too much on your saiyan forms that you can't even fight without them. You guys whine, moan, cry, and you think all is lost without them. Like, you all got mad when my goat friend took your powers. I'm something without those forms while you guys aren't. And that's why you always lose when someone is just a little bit stronger than you. With the mindset you, your family, and your friends have, it's hard to call yourselves fighters."

Niya was shocked. It seemed she had thought about strength the wrong way. She was so focused on her lack of it, she hadn't realized what she could do with what she had.

"I had never thought about it that way...," Niya softly said.

"Please train me," Mae simply said. "Clearly, I have a lot to learn."