Chapter Four

Mae landed on a tree and sat down on one of the larger branches. She pulled her knees to her chest, frustrated. "Who the hell does he think he is?" she mumbled. She couldn't help but admit his skills were better than hers. It didn't help that she lost her temper. Whis warned her many times that this would happen.

'Sucks we lost,'Drae said from inside her mind.

'It's not a big deal,' Mae shrugged.

'He called us a Human. We should kill him,' Drae said snidely.

'That's not reason enough to kill him,' Mae said, rolling her eyes.

A warmth appeared from her pocket. She found the source was coming from the Black Jewel. It began to glow, and when she ran a hand across the surface, everything went black.

"What's going on?" she asked, looking out at the inky blackness.

"Son Mae, daughter of Kakarot," a cool voice called out. "I can help you."

"Who are you?" Mae asked.

"My name is Xerta. I found this jewel eons ago, and now, I live here," he said. His voice was smooth like silk. "I've been seeking someone strong like you. Let me help you. I can make you stronger."

"No, thanks," Mae said bluntly. "I work hard for my strength. I'm not going to accept power I didn't earn."

"You would be unstoppable. Strongest in all the universes! Stronger than Jiren, stronger than Beerus. You could destroy that insect who called you Human," Xerta said. "Let me help you."

"I said, 'No'," Mae growled.

"At least think about my offer," Xerta said and the dark faded.

Mae opened her eyes and jumped up. She had to find Niya and Jay. She had to find them now.

Niya took off, angry about everything. Everything was going well until the jewel decided to teleport her to the strange planet with strange people... 'Why?' she thought. Why after all those years did the jewel suddenly summon her to a foreign land? What was the goal? How could she go back home to Trunks and her four-year-old son, Niko?

The corners of her eyes burned. In a moment of fury, she blasted off in her super saiyan form, a remaining crimson aura around her, and flew to what seemed like the other side of the planet. She needed to think her way out of the barrier. How could she break it?

Niya noticed a river next to some tall trees with mossy green bark and pitch black leaves. A thin layer of green fog hugged the faded maroon colored grass. The sight reminded her of home. She descended next to the murky river water.

Niya removed her black boots and dipped her tired feet into the water. She could not see her reflection. Sighing, she felt strangely comforted by the warmth of the jewel on her manubrium bone. Salty tears threatened to escape her eyes.

Niya held her hands out in silent prayer. "Lady Ayata... Grandmother... Mom... What should I do?"

The warmth increased, almost burning. She looked down at the glowing jewel. "What...?"

It continued to glow brighter, hotter. Until it was burning. Niya gasped, "Ah...! Stop! What... What are you- Ah! What are you doing?" She splashed some murky water, but nothing was working. It burned her skin, causing it to sizzle. She continued to writhe in pain.

"Good," a voice echoed in her ear, "I have your attention now, saiyan". Finally the burning stopped, leaving Niya gasping.

Niya was confused. "Lady... Ayata?" 'No,' she thought, 'it's deeper, more sinister, using Lady Ayata's voice.' Who was it?