Chapter Seventeen

Mae suddenly remembered about the jewel shard. "Amina, that nanitech sword thingy was broken, but I picked this up. Maybe you can fix it?" She pulled the shard from her pocket and handed it over.

"I don't work with nanotech, but I'll keep it for now." Amina took the shard.

Then, suddenly, a loud voice came up, "Welcome back, everybody! And as you can see, the racers are ready to rumbleeeee!"

Every racer began to start their engines. The most noticeable ones were Sage, Neros, and Jay's.

"Three!"

"Two!"

Mae turned back to the screen excited as ever. "Are they gonna fight each other? Why are they on bikes? Can't they fly?" she asked Amina.

"It's a race, and while they race, they fight... if they want to," one of the little boys answered.

"One!"

Mae was on the edge of her seat with excitement. Shin seemed concerned about her behavior, so he turned to Niya, who was clearly uncomfortable. "I think we should go check on Gohan. We will be right back."

"GO!"

The race had begun, and the three brothers started off with an outstanding start. They went from last to first in seconds.

Niya nodded to the Shin. She didn't like to view violence.

"Wow, impressive!" Mae grinned, but she wanted to see the fight.

~

Shin took Niya to Universe Eleven, where they saw Piccolo and Gohan sitting with a woman holding an infant.

"Niya? Supreme Kai? What are you guys doing here?" Gohan asked.

Niya smiled, "I prefer not to view violence for fun. Especially with the time we've had recently..." She sighed. "But, Mae stayed behind to watch this battle race thing."

~

"HA!" Neros spotted a guy with drones, shooting at the three brothers, so he stepped up and shot each drone down, hanging back and kicking the guy off his bike. He grabbed the bike, put an explosive on it, and threw it back.

BOOM!

From the explosion, you could see many racers already gone from the race.

"Any request, Mae? I can speak to them from here, so you could tell them what you want them to do and how."

"Can Jay use my aura blades?" Mae asked.

~

"Mae stayed to watch a race?" Videl seemed confused. "Like, watch instead of participate?"

"Mae doesn't like watching things?" Shin asked.

"Not really," Gohan shook his head. "Why don't you guys tell me what happened today?"

~

"Of course he can. Jay, use aura blades." 

Jay passed turn one and focused on one lane, using the aura blades to cut ten people's bikes in half, and then throwing the blades at some people's wheels. It destabilized them.

~

Niya didn't know where to start. "While we slept, we were teleported to Seriah's planet, where we battled these two strong saiyans. My grandmother and Mae were killed, but we used the Dragon Balls on Namek to bring them back! And just now, we went to check on a... an 'old friend'?" Niya smiled sheepishly, "A long story and day, Haha..."