Chapter Ten

After Seriah left, Jay, Sage, and Neros came out from the Vyper world, exhausted as they wasted quite an amount of energy to make those illusions.

"We can't beat her, even if we work together," Sage admitted.

"So what? We have to get stronger, smarter, and faster in what, a couple of days, or even by tomorrow?" Jay asked.

"Dad and Mom are fighting the supposed Gya-Demons, which are stronger than Angels. So, to sum up, we don't have a lot of options," Neros added.

"Should we just unite the armies of the whole universe?" Jay asked his brothers.

"No, this is our problem, not the others," Sage answered.

"So, what do we do?" Neros responded.

Sage took a while to answer back. "I think I know, but it might not be a good idea. Actually, it might be a dead end. Seriah attacked them, so who knows if they're alive."

"I'll search for there energy later," Jay replied. "Later... Don't let your past determine your future."

~

Meanwhile, Niya and Mae were finally calming down from their jarring nightmares.

Mae stood up and handed Gohan her red and black button. "Take this. Use it to get Videl and Pan out of here. Take them to Universe Eleven. I don't know how this is going to turn out."

"Maybe we should fight with you?" Gohan asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Piccolo said.

Mae shook her head and turned to Niya's grandmother. "Can you help me? Do you know how to separate life energies?"

"Separate life energies?" Miyako raised a brow, "Care to elaborate?"

"Gohan, my twin, and I are connected. You see our life energies got tangled up when I refused to kill my evil side, which would have also killed Gohan," Mae tried to explain. "I'm worried we aren't going to make it out of this alive, and I don't want Gohan to die because of me."

Miyako thought for a moment. "I see," she nodded seriously, "But once I do this, it can never be undone. Is that alright?"

"If it means Gohan will live, then do it," Mae nodded. "What about Drae?"

"Are you concerned for her?" Jiren asked.

"No, not really. I was just curious," Mae shrugged.

Miyako made a sad smile, "Since this Drae, or evil force, connected you two in the first place, the only way to sever your life energies is by destroying this Drae. I'm sorry."

"That's... Fine," Mae said. She was unsure why she felt so hesitant about this. Drae was the worst part of her.

"Please sit down, Mae," she instructed, "I can assure you this won't hurt you."

"What about Gohan?" Mae asked. It was clear she cared more about him.

"This will not be a painful experience to either of you," Miyako assured, "But this will hurt Drae. I'm sorry."

"That's fine," Mae said after a moment. "Do it."

"Close your eyes," Miyako instructed, "Relax." She closed her eyes and placed a hand on her chest. She searched beyond Mae's soul energy and found the dark presence nestling comfortingly to Mae's. She strained, reaching in, and focused her crimson energy around Drae. She used her own enormous soul, her soul and her ancestors' souls, and crushed the dark presence. It cried out and faded through the channel Miyako created.