one

The clicking sound was starting to get to me, as I continued to work on the dreaded machine. It was starting to hurt my head, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. The heavy beat of my heart was the real thing to worry about.

It was getting louder, but i was just too close to finishing the cipher.

Too... close...

As the light flashed and a buzzer went off, signalling that the gates were now open, the red flood of light came in from behind me and filled my vision.

A cough escaped my lips, as I took off at a run. I was about to push down a piece of wood to stop the hunter, but my foot just had to get caught on it.

Everything slowed down, as my face slammed against the ground, my body lying there in a boneless way.

Everything hurt, as my weak arms tried to push my body up. Of course, it just fell down.

The ringing in my ears was the only thing I could here, as something lifted me. My body went limp, as the hunter I couldn't identify tied me to a rocket chair.

But... he didn't care. He just... walked off, leaving my useless body to suffer. Everything sounded underwater, but it's not like their screams really mattered.

"Help!"

"Stay there! I'm on my way!"

"Sorry..."

Everyone's yells blended together, as I started drifting off, life becoming irrelevant. I'd be back at the manor soon, in my bed, the doctor screeching at me to be more careful.

I was never supposed to be the heroic type anyways.

"Help!"

"The hunter is near me!"

"I'm on my way!"

"Eli?!"

The semi-familiar voice was the only thing that made its way clearly into my head. Everything else was so blurred.

Soft hands glided over my cloak, tugging roughly to free my useless body. Once the restraints were off, I grabbed their arm.

No... they made a mistake. I'm not worth it. I can barely move. It's not worth it. It's really just not.

Tears made their way into my eyes, but it's not like they would ever see it. No one would. It's not important anyways.

"Please... just leave me..."

My voice was broken and shattered, and maybe that's the thing that would make them listen. No...

The person's arms lifted my limp body over their shoulder, and started carrying me. Tears started to spill, as I bit my lip hard. No... they had to put me down.

"Help!"

"I'm trying!"

I bit down on my lip hard enough for blood to spill. Since my body was slung over a shoulder, the blood slid up my face, collecting at the bottom of my mask.

"Please... put me down..." I mumbled, trying my best to sound like I was vulnerable. No...

I never cry. Pull it together, dumbass. You never cry. You have to pull on something believable.

The only good thing would be to trick the person into putting me down or leaving me here....

I was about to yell at the person, when they cut off my thoughts.

"Shut up already! I'm saving your sorry ass! Eli, you've never cared for saving others, but I'll be damned to say that you don't play a big part in us escaping. So shut the fuck up and let me do my job."

I clamped my mouth shut, just closing my eyes.

Useless. Useless. Useless. So, so stupid. Good for nothing dumbass. Yeah... I'm not needed here, never was, never will be. Damn... maybe I should just... stop asking to be in matches. Maybe... I should just... stop.

Stop trying.

Stop caring.

Stop breathing-

The sound of us leaving the area cut my thoughts off. Whoever was carrying me put me down, which I was very grateful for. I just gave a nod in their general direction and walked off.

"Yeah, you're welcome, princess." they yelled out sarcastically, making me wince a bit. Why did it hurt so badly. Why... did it hurt knowing who that voice belonged to.

"Heh, thanks, Aesop..."

This is just a baby chapter to introduce the shiP. Have fun my dudes.