fifty-two

His body just continued to shake in the dark air. Eli felt the emotions overwhelming him, and he couldn't do a single thing about it. Everything he loved was gone.

He had just closed his eyes for a second, and when he opened them, the body was gone and he was just crying in the floor of a black room. Something sticky and wet coated the floor, and by the smell of it, he easily assumed it was blood.

"A-Aesop?!"

His cry just seemed to echo off of walls he couldn't see. His eyes strained to see a single thing, but he just couldn't. He decided to just stick with sobbing.

All of a sudden, an unidentified force ripped him to look straight up and forced his mouth to open. Eli choked on the motion, pulling down, but his weight just stayed lifted from where he was sitting on his knees. Something tight was holding him up by his neck, but no matter how harshly he swung for it, it wasn't there.

Liquid began to pour into his open mouth and slide down his throat. It burned a bit, but nothing too crazy. It was the familiar bitter almond smell that made Eli choke. His limbs flailed to get away from what was happening, but his face and throat were being held steady up in that position.

A faulty scream tried to escape, but he just spewed a bit of the liquid from his throat; there was too much more coming for him to stop it.

He was far too familiar with the substance, though he usual worked with the powdered version. He second guessed it for a split second, but the burning sensation, the taste, and the sickening smell was enough to tell him it was indeed one of his worst nightmares being drained right down his throat.

Eli tried to shut his mouth, but the force was paralyzing, and he couldn't control it. He just let the tears fall, occasionally choking on the liquid and making it splutter and spray. He felt it filling his sinuses and seeping into his brain like a virus.

Lightheaded, headache, shortness of breathe, vomit rising up and down his throat-

The horrible dizzy feeling began to take away all his senses, so he just tried to close his eyes. Yeah, if he just sleeps away the pain-

"Eli!"

Eli's eyes shot open, and he flew into a sitting position. he had no time to take in what was going on, as tears fell from his eyes and his ears rang. There was light in this area, and his cheek stung in a familiar way.

It was like the force that held his head up for what felt like hours was gone. All the symptoms of the deadly drug were wiped away, but he could still feel the heaviness in his chest.

Hands he couldn't identify the owner of wiped his face and ran over his body. Eli's hands scratched harshly at his neck, trying to relive all the built up pressure. Although the liquid and force were gone, it was like it built itself into his head. He couldn't rid of the constant feeling. It pulsated through his body, causing him to almost forget the dead body that was in his arms and the stupid feelings locked up in his chest.

"Eli. Eli, stop."

Gently hands grabbed his wrists and pulled roughly to force his hands away from the soft skin on his neck. Eli couldn't really identify the voice or who grabbed him, but he lashed out against them and fought.

His limbs flailed out against the person, but they attempted to hold him down as much as possible. Eli tried to fight against them, but they just held him down against whatever he was on; maybe a floor, maybe something he didn't know.

The person was almost pressing all their weight down on him, but he couldn't see them through the tears. Without thinking, Eli rolled to the side to get away, but he began falling. His back slammed hard against what he assumed was a floor, telling him he has been propped up on something prior to that.

He was now on his back on a cold, hard surface, but his vision was even more fucked. He groaned, but the body came over him again. They were holding down his arms above his head easily, now straddling his useless body.

Forcing his eyes open, Eli blinked the tears away. This was dangerous without sight. What he saw made him feel like screaming, but nothing came out of his mouth but a dry gasp. It was the one face he really feared the most, and now he was looking right up into it, their lips just inches from his.

"Hey, baby, i see you're in a little rush to get away from me."

Eli did let out a scream this time, turning his head to the side so he didn't have to look at the one above him. The person grabbed Eli's face with their other hand, forcing the boy to look up at them. Eli felt more tears welling up in his eyes but nothing at all could stop the horrid pain from simmering up in him when they took their next action.

He totally froze up, his body going numb but his mind far from blank...

...as Joseph leaned down and connected their lips.

Eli tried to pull away, but he couldn't move. His whole body was stiff and it's like his nerves just died out. He was stuck like that, and everything hurt; Joseph's hands just kept roaming.

Eli couldn't take it anymore. It felt like hell. Maybe it was hell, he wasn't sure. This couldn't be happening. Why was this happening to him?

He cried out, swinging his leg up as hard as possible. Finally, his body did what he told it to, but as soon as his knees connected with Joseph's manhood, Eli began to fall.

He was falling fast, through just black nothingness.

The way he fell reminded him of something that he couldn't pinpoint, but it left such a sense of nostalgia that he wasn't scared. It was like he belonged here, though the feeling of falling did make his heart race harder than before. It was like heaven being able to escape such a horrible situation, but then... there was a hard splash.

From the speed he was going, Eli wasn't sure how far under the liquid he went when he hit, but he could feel it flying past his body at ungodly speeds as he sank farther into the water.

He held his eyes shut on instinct, but he couldn't help but inhale once he slowed. For some reason, he felt comfortable in the warm water.

No.

It wasn't water.

Now, Eli could taste the liquid; it was blood. He was sinking further, the bit he inhaled invading his system in a way that made him choke more of it in.

He was drowning.

Eli screamed through the thick liquid for help, but it just flew inside of him through every small crevice it could. It burned, warming up as he flailed. He was never going to reach the surface.

The liquid made his chest burn and feel horrible heavy. He continued to scream, but he could hear no sound.

Everything in him was dying out, but then... it stopped.

Ticking.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tiCK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK-

"Fuck."

Eli fell again, but landed hard on a solid surface. The room was white this time, almost blinding him. He looked around, seeing nothing but endless white around him, then he looked down. He was soaked in the red liquid, it surrounding him in a sickening splatter.

He emptied it out of his system by coughing, letting go of all the food he had ever eaten in the process.

Eli felt the tears welling up back into his eyes.

Please god... what the fuck is happening?