forty-six

His face was red and his throat burned horribly. He had been silently crying for so long now in the corner of his room, and he still couldn't fine Brooke Rose. 

God... the things he's let happen with that girl over the past month are cancerous. 

It fucking hurts. 

-:-:-Eli-:-:-

"Motherfucker... I can't believe I let myself do that..."

Everything in my body ached. God, all this fucking crying is useless. I don't even know why I cry anymore. There is no set reason, it's just everything all together. It's bullshit. 

"Fuck. Why did I let this happen?"

My throat burned with a feeling I had gotten uncomfortably used to. It wasn't fair, but maybe I deserve this. Maybe this is all my fault. 

No-

Aesop never loved me. It was all a big game. He never cared. He's probably happily getting fucked by Joseph right now, and just glad to have me out of his hair. He's better off this way. 

He's happier now.

-:-:- Fu----fu--fuvk--kfu-jf- FUCK--

"Get the fuck away from me! Please! Get away!"

"Oh shut the fuck up! You're the one that started running!" 

"Fucking leave me! Get away from me!"

The strangled cry, as the person running away tripped and fell, made the chaser laugh loudly. 

"Look at you. Little bitch can't even run even with all the kiting practice!"

The smaller male spun around, where he was on his back, propped up by his elbows. As the other leaned down, he spat in their face. 

"You can go fuck yourself!"

The chaser wiped their face ans snarled, before looking down at the other.

"Oh now you're gonna fucking get it." 

"Shit. SHITSHITSHIT DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH ME!"

"Too late, babydoll!" 

The smaller of the two gasped loudly, that turning into a loud scream, as he was thrown over the shoulder of the other. The one carrying him laughed loudly, beginning to carry him back. 

As they went, he was trying his hardest to come up with a plan to get out, when he saw the weapon the other always carried.

Ah... the sword.

Without hesitating at all, Aesop grabbed the thing, ripped it out of it's holder, and slammed it right in the chaser's lower back. He knew his plan had been successful when he fell harshly to the ground. 

Without a second thought, he started to run. 

He ran as fast as possible, knowing for a fact, he finally lost the other. 

Aesop came to a stop at the end of a path. He sat down on a tree stump, trying his best to catch his breath. Everything in him was saying to keep going, but he knew he was okay for now. 

"God... he couldn't be trying this shit if Eli still talked to me and didn't do that shit."

Aesop sat there for awhile longer, when a familiar face showed itself on the path. He smiled widely, knowing he would be just fine now. 

The person sat beside Aesop without a word, the cool air blowing across his face. 

"Have you heard from that bastard recently?"

"Of course I haven't. You think I have the guts to confront him after what he said to us?"

"He was just overwhelmed. He'll get over it in time."

"Overwhelmed, my ass. You should hear what the priestess blubbers on about to her little girly friends. Glad to know he apparently 'rocks some fucking dope ass pipe'..." 

Aesop cringed at what he said, but it's exactly what she was bragging about. God, she had to be kidding, right? There's no way that Eli would do that... right?

"Please tell me you're fucking kidding."

"Wish I was."

Naib chuckled lightly, taking a sip of his water. He passed the half empty bottle to the other, who took it gratefully and down the remanding liquid. 

"I heard you yell. I was on the porch. Thank god you're okay."

"Barely made it out this time. God, when it was all still fucking fine, he left me mostly alone because he was scared of what Eli could do. He always called his abilities voodoo shit, and honestly, he was the scariest survivor to that bitch. I love him, and he helped me, and I don't have that protection anymore."

Naib sighed heavily. It was like everyone except Eli could see the effect of what had happened, and it was fucking stupid. They had to fix this, and that Fiona bitch was in the way. She was ruining everything. 

"We have to get you two back talking; we have to fix this, dude."

"I know. I just don't know how."

Naib threw his head in his hands, groaning in annoyance. 

This was going to be shit. 

"You're gonna have to figure it out to save us, though. Save us from this godforsaken game."

"Game?"

"Our world in this manor is a goddamn game. It always has been. We get beat up for this shit, and I don't know if you noticed, but there is no escape, reward, or way to make it better. We are stuck like this. How long have we been here? A long ass time. Look at us... no one has aged, not even the hunters."

Aesop felt a dry lump catch in his throat. Everything in him hurt, as he just realized that Naib was right. 

"Once you're here, you don't leave. How many people have left or died? Zero. Newcomers keep coming in at a slow pace, but when you look at it, this place is huge and too big for all of us anyways. How many people are they planning on trapping here for eternity? It's bullshit."

Aesop sat there, listening to the other. It was like he realized more than anyone else had. He had time to think about it. 

"I realized it long ago, but we've been here so long that we don't even keep track of time. Only celebrate some holidays. We've just grown into this new reality, and it's fucked. I never think about what my life was like. I don't have the time, nor energy. I don't remember what anyone else used to look like but the people I see every fucking day; no matter how hard I try, I can't remember them."

Fuck.

"We're going to be here forever, and I don't even know if death would let you out. No one has been able to die. Eli should'e been dead by blood loss a lot more times than you can imagine. I think... maybe we just have no escape, even including death. We're stuck in this eternal hellfire."

Naib turned to Aesop. His bottom lip twitched gently, before he smiled and said the words to seal it all off. 

"So you better fucking fix this, because I refuse to live life with you fuckers hating each other and Eli being a dumb shit."