thirty-one

"Dude... it was finally starting to go okay, and then this happens. My life felt... alright with him, but... he just..."

"Baby, just tell him."

"Emily, I seriously can't."

She had finally gotten all his wounds wrapped up and him to calm down, so he was just sitting on her bed, soft music playing in the background, as he explained his problems to her.

"Emily, I don't know how I would say it! I've always covered that shit up with makeup, but I had to go in there and stop him from doing that, so I didn't have time to-"

"Baby, I get it. Calm down. Just breathe... if you want, I could speak to him about it."

Aesop felt more tears welling up in his already red eyes. This whole thing with Joseph made him feel so, so weak, and he really didn't want to make Eli just hate him more.

He had no will power left.

He looked so pathetic.

"I don't know anymore!"

He burst out in tears, his body folding and hands going into his hands. Everything felt so cold, but there was still this little fire on the inside of the ice. It was so deep in the middle, just crackling and burning through everything possible. It was like it was never really supposed to be there.

It hurt him on the inside and out, pushing on both ways, just so it would totally crush him and rub out what was left into dust and mush. His emotions were fucked, just like his body after Joseph gets down with it.

"Aesop, I can just-"

"Please shut up for a moment! I'm sorry, but please! I need to think!"

Aesop's throat burned, and his nostrils lightly flared as he tried to stop himself from sobbing. He needed to calm down, as he had a match soon. It was 2v8 and Eli would be there too.

He wouldn't make it out of that match alive.

"Emily, I want to die. I seriously think death is the only way out of this. I don't think I'm gonna make it much longer anyways. I'm so tired of trying. I'm tired of it all. Please.... please just-"

A small hand ripped across the gentle skin on Aesop's face, making him gasp out and fall back gently. He stared at the angry girl, his eyes bloodshot and lip quivering. No more tears fell.

"Are you fucking stupid?! We love you so fucking much! We are all trying to get through this together, and I have to say, death is not the way to make any of it better! I get that you're sick of it, and I am too, but you guys make me want to keep going! We have to be there for each other, and we wouldn't make it if one of us left! We all have to do this together; me, you, Tracy, Naib, and fucking Eli!"

Aesop looked at her, jaw clenched tightly. He had always fantasized about leaving the manor, but that was not possible, as he now observed, and death was the next best thing. no...

She was right.

She was so fucking right. He had to stay here for everyone and because they could all help him. He had to stay.

He had to fix everything.

"You're... right. I have to deal with this and make things right. I get that."

Emily didn't smile. Her face and body relaxed, and she looked more calm. She just gently nodded, before taking a step back and looking at him.

"You have to think about the big picture. You have to think about all the people that still care about you and what it would do to them if you died."

"I know."

"Then do it."

-:-:-

The match was simply over before anyone knew, and Aesop didn't see Eli the entire time. It was a simple match that had no real defining happenings.

It was calm, yet so terrifying.

He wanted to talk to Eli. He wanted to explain it all to him. He wanted... Eli.

Aesop didn't know what to do, as he slowly walked back to the manor. All the others had gone ahead, he thought, but footsteps started to sound behind him.

It was probably just Emma being left a little behind. They had all gotten out today.

He walked slowly, forcing himself to actually bring his feet along. It was tiring. He just wanted it to be over with. It was alll so blank. It was like a blank piece of paper with a single blood drop, a bass drum being gently tapped by rain, soft skin of a palm touching a crying person's face, hands running through hair, and a candle totally melting away.

"So you've just been ignoring me?"

Aesop froze up at the voice. He felt comfortable but totally scared. It was really him behind him, but he didn't turn when he responded.

"You got mad at me. Like totally mad at me, so don't start that shit."

"Emily talked to me. This shit isn't cool."

"I'm aware."

"Why do you let it happen to you then? Why do you let him do that?"

Aesop felt his muscles tighten. He felt so weak and helpless.

Pathetic.

"It was for drugs at first. I tried to get out after that, but he started threatening you guys. I did it for protection. Protection of you guys, myself, and the drugs to keep my mind from killing itself off."

Eli walked closer to the other, stopping beside him. Neither of them looked at each other, as Eli gently brushed his right hand against Aesop's left, silently asking for what he wanted. Aesop responded by grabbing the smaller boy's hand and interlocked their fingers.

Both of them got a connected sense of peace, as they stood there silently. The air was getting cold and it was starting to get dark, as the sun was going down. A soft rain began to fall, but they both stood there, looking down at their feet.

"I'm sorry." Eli said, pressing his shoulder to the boy he hoped still wanted to be with him. Those small words glimpsed Aesop's world.

He felt his eyes fill with tears, but they weren't like all the other times. They were peaceful, as he turned to face the smaller boy, grabbing him tightly and pulling him into a hug.

Eli couldn't hold back a small laugh, as he wrapped his arms around the others' torso and melted into his body.

"I'm sorry too."

They both relaxed, then pulled away. The rain was falling down harder now. Aesop smiled, wiped his face, and grabbed Eli's hand again.

"We're going to stop him, I swear. We all are. Us five are a team, and we are going to stop him from hurting you. I promise."

Aesop smiles gently, as they walked forward and started towards the manor.

"Thank you, sunshine."

-:-:-

Omg hello!!!

Okay, I have some things to say, so uhmmmm yeah! Alright, first off, I wanna thank all of you so much for all the support I've gotten, as it has really gotten me through things lately! You're all so nice and jenxnsk thank you bbyss!

Next, I must say i am starting to feel a bit better, actually! I'm still struggling a whole lot, but I'm trying really hard, ya know? It's not the best, but I am trying to get better, and I feel a whole lot better and more alive than ever, so it's a start!!

Alright, besides all that, thank you all so much for reading! I really appreciate you all and hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you liked, fee free to vote comment and tell me how you felt about it all! Thank you so much, my lovelies!

-Mags++