twenty-three

Eli's hands felt iced over, as they began to walk to the map. Soon enough, it was starting, and everyone's objective was to survive Joker. 

Sacred Heart Hospital had always been one of Eli's favorite maps, though he could never tell why. It was just the whole feel of it that made him calm and rational. It was like he could actually work there, even if his heart began beating. He knew the map. 

Aesop, on the other hand, preferred White Sand Street Asylum over all the others. It was his favorite to be in, as he knew the map well and could navigate through it. Sacred Heart Hospital was not one he fancied in the slightest. 

Especially against Joker...

Before he could really think about anything else, Eli got to a cipher and began working, thinking about the other people in the match and their chance of survival. 

Aesop really wasn't on the best foot, but he was better than he probably personally thought. He never liked this map, but Eli knew he would be alright. He was alright at kiting, but great with strategy. He would be fine. Eli believed it. Even if something bad happened... Eli would risk everything to save him. 

Emma was the third person there. She... would probably be fine, tough she has a constant fear of Joker, so maybe it wouldn't be great. She always seemed to freak out around him. The match should be alright for her, but if Joker tried something sneaky then it wouldn't go down well.

The last person was Lucky Guy. He... wasn't too readable. This map has always been one that Eli saw him doing well with, but... he would never be sure how he would specifically do. 

After all the thinking, Eli was finished with the cipher. His feet moved quickly, as he continued to look for a new one. Without totally thinking, he approached one that Lucky was working at. The other boy looked at the male approaching him, moving over a bit so Eli could work with him.

"So... How are you doing? I haven't heard a lot from you recently. How have you been?"

Eli felt himself smile gently, his owl resting gently on his shoulder. 

"I'm actually doing great! I was pretty bad at first, but now, I feel better than ever!"

Lucky sighed softly, a bit relieved that the fellow survivor was doing alright. 

The two males finished the cipher quickly, before silently going in different directions. Eli began to run off, when his heart started beating lightly. 

He searched with his own eyes and his owl to find another cipher, but he couldn't find one near, for some reason. He must've miscalculated exactly where he was. Eli sighed softly, his feet slowing down to a walk. He hadn't really been paying attention to much, as he walked, so when the buzzer went off that all the ciphers were completed, he almost pissed his pants.

"Shit!" he squeaked, hands flying up over his mouth right after. Eli froze at the hands, as they were someone standing right behind him and not his own. His eyes widened, and he took a sharp breath, when the person spun him around. 

He was relieved to see the familiar mask over the person's mouth. 

In the midst of his shock, he didn't notice that their hearts were beating and starting to get louder and faster by the second. Before Eli could say anything, Aesop grabbed his arm and ripped the two into a locker, shutting the door quietly.

His breathing was heavy and rapid, as if he had just got done running here. 

"Great job, dumbass, now he knows where we are."

Eli smiled softly, not feeling too comfortable in the area. It wasn't too crowded of a space, since both the males were quite small, but Eli could feel their hot breath slowly taking over the area. 

As their hearts started to fade, Eli sighed in relief, slumping his shoulders. As he did so, the smaller of the two boys managed to trip over his own feet. He collapsed, but the only way to fall in the tightly closed locker was... right on top of Aesop. 

The silver haired male gasped gently as Eli fell on top of him. Eli wasn't particularly heavy or large, in fact he was quite small, but from the situation and the way they were standing, his legs slipped out from under him and they both fell to the bottom of the locker. 

"Shit, Eli!" he gasped out, now sitting on the floor of the locker, his knees bent and legs cramped up. 

Eli was straddling the other boy, his legs straddling Aesop's hips, not much room for it there at all. From the awkward way they fell, Eli's face was smashed against Aesop's chest. 

Eli groaned gently, sitting up the best way he could in the locker. Aesop's hands went to the smaller boy's hips on instinct, holding him up so he wouldn't fall over again or get too stuck in the position he was in. From how cramped up Aesop's legs were, they pressed against Eli's back and forced the boy so close to his own body.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry. I think he's gone though."

Aesop couldn't help but smile lightly. You see, he had always been very awkward, especially in social situations. Well, except with Eli. He always felt so comfortable with him, and because of that, he didn't hesitate to tighten his hands around Eli's hips, pull him closer, and connect their lips. 

A small gasp escaped from the other boy's lips, but he immediately began to kiss back and wrap his arms around Aesop's neck. 

As they kissed, Aesop's chilled hands slid under Eli's cloak, slowly and softly gliding over the smaller boy's torso, making Eli shiver. He shook gently into the kiss, making Aesop smile and kiss him harder. 

Aesop's hands began to move-

"Aesop! Eli! Where are you guys!" 

The voice of Lucky Guy screaming out made Eli shoot up. his head slammed against the side of the locker, making him grunt in pain. His hand blindly searched for the button to open the locker, his body falling out as the door flew open. 

He jumped to his feet, looking back in the locker at the red faced Aesop. the boy grabbed his mask and threw it on, standing up himself. Eli ran, not saying a word. He found Lucky Guy, his face red itself. Lucky gasped a bit, touching his shoulder gently. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, let's get out of here."

Eli sighed lightly, blowing a strand of hair from his face with a breath. He really hoped that Aesop understood that he only left like that so no one would find them that way. The only thing that was on his mind was hoping Aesop would make it out safely.

-:-:-

Okay guys wtf is wrong with me? I'm such an annoying person and I wanna die lmfaooo. Uh... Well I mean, I have no clue. I'm just in a bad place right now. Agh, I'll be all good though. 

Anyways, thank you all so much for reading. If you liked the chapter, feel free to comment and tell me how you felt about the chapter, but only if you want to of course. Alright, I love you guys, and thank you so much. See you later, my lovelies. 

-Mags++