nine

The walk to Aesop's room took a lot of energy, especially since I decided to waste time by throwing on some ripped, black skinny jeans, my blindfold, and a plain black hoodie that went mid thigh on my small frame. I just sighed, annoyed by how small I felt without my cloak and boots.

I went up to Aesop's door, surprised at what I heard on the inside.

He was humming something softly, the sound almost familiar. It wasn't until I pressed my ear up to the door that I noticed it was Arsonist's Lullaby by Hozier.

I smiled at the pretty song, before gently knocking on the door. The humming immediately stopped, making the smile simply fade from my face. "I told you to fuck off! I don't want to talk to you! Get the fuck away from me! I've never wanted you here, bitch!" the voice yelled angrily, making my chest ache with a horrible feeling. i knew that he didn't know who was out here, so I couldn't take it to heart... yet.

"Aesop, open the fucking door," was the only thing that came out of my mouth. It was rough and jagged, unlike how I usually spoke. I honestly scared myself with the tone, not recognizing my own voice. Maybe... Aesop's presence was messing with my brain.

Ruffling and moving from inside the room didn't help the tension in the hallway. Soon enough, someone was standing right on the other side of the door, I could see their feet. It's not like they were hiding.

The sound of a lock clicking and someone stepping back led me to believe that he was okay with me coming in, so I opened the door and took a step into the room.

The smell of blood and despair reeked off the walls, causing me to gag a little bit. Something was wrong though. It wasn't coming from Aesop.

The boy had no blood on him, as he stood by his bed, glaring at me with tired and angry eyes. A shiver pulsed through my body at the rigid way he looked at me.

"What do you want?"

He had his mask on, as he looked straight at me. I faced him, but couldn't stand to look at his face. My owl was left in my room, and there's no way that trying to peek into the future would act in my favor. I just shoved my shaky hands into my jean pockets, my stance relaxing at the slightest.

"I want-"

To know what Joseph did to you.

To give you a hug and try to fix everything.

To know why you smacked me that one night.

To know why you you saved me in that match instead of yourself, when you knew that Joseph would hurt you more than me.

You to tell me what I did to make you hate me.

"to say that I'm sorry."

Aesop flinched a bitch at my words, his eyebrows knitting in confusion. The expression on his face was easy to decipher, but that could be because deciphering happens to be my strong suit.

"For what?"

I sighed. Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't know why I feel like everything I do disappoints him, or why I constantly feel like he hates me.

"It's not important-"

"No, Eli, I'm the one that's sorry. I've been pushing you away, and it's all because of my stupid mistakes. I've played your emotions, and I didn't even realize it until now. I thought you hated me, and you probably do, so I've been avoiding you-"

"Aesop, I don't hate you, I l-"

I stopped myself before anything else escaped my lips. My teeth bared down on the inside of my cheek roughly, searing pain shooting through my whole mouth. Sticky, metallic liquid filled my senses, causing my brain to blur.

The other must've noticed my obvious struggle to stay sane in the room, because soft hands guided me to an unfamiliar bed, but a familiar scent filled my senses, so I took the invitation to fall asleep.

-:-:- Aesop -:-:-

I had been aching horribly ever since Joseph beat me up. I wanted the comfort of Eli, but it's hard to get something from someone who hates you. When Eli came to my room like that, I couldn't help but be hostile towards him.

Eli seemed to be feeling horrible, after that certain thing he said. 

"Aesop, I don't hate you, I l-" 

He cut himself off there, a sickening look taking over his face. He looked like he would throw up, swaying on his feet. I noticed the small change in behavior, wordlessly guiding the seer to his bed. 

Eli sank into the comfort immediately, which made me sigh in relief. I can't really explain why, maybe it was the beating in my chest, but I had a certain urge to push the hairs out of the sleepy boy's face and gently kiss his forehead...

........................................................so I did. 

He was laying on his back, somehow already passed out. I could tell that he hadn't slept well in a long time, it was just too obvious. The small boy's nose twitched when I pulled away, but I just turned around to leave him be. The moment I took a step away, a small pull came to my sleeve. 

I turned around slowly, taking the hand that pulled on me gently in my own hand. It fit perfectly, the person attached to it just as amazing as the feeling of his hand in mine. I smiled gently, holding his small, warm hand lightly. 

It took a short while for me to take in as much as the moment as possible, but after I did, it was time to let go. My hand gently dropped his onto the bed, my feet forcing me to take a step back before I took his hand again.

I just wanted to stay in that moment forever... and by the newly sad look on his face and small, grainy whine from the back of his throat, he obviously wanted to as well. 

I sighed, facing him one last time, before making my way out the door. i had already turned the lights off and gone halfway out the door. I peered in at him, holding the door with a hand on each side. 

He was just so beautiful, just one ray of light shining across his beautiful body, from the hallway. Eli was curled up on my bed, holding the sheets in a wad. I just sighed in relief, completely content with the current situation. 

It really doesn't matter if Eli hates me...

As long as this never changes, maybe these broken heart-strings bleeding will come to a cease...