twenty-seven

-:-:- Eli -:-:-

I had woken up in a pure state of pain, and of course, Aesop was already gone. A sigh escaped my lips, as I pushed my tired body up. Everything in my wrists screamed in pain, making me gasp out and throw them out in front of me. They were both red and swollen, the broken one worse, and wrapped up in white bandage.

It took awhile to get ready, but I just decided to throw on some black skinny jeans, a black hoodie, and my blindfold, before quickly running down the stairs. Honestly... I felt okay for once. It was actually an okay night last night-

"I'm so fucking sorry."

I looked up, seeing that Naib was standing in the hallway that leads to the kitchen and dining area. I felt my heart drop, memories spilling into my vision.

"Then... why did you do it? Why? Why would you-"

"Because I had to. I did it for cigarette-"

I looked up. Brooke Rose came flying downstairs, perching herself upon my shoulder. Tears welled up in my eyes.

There's no way. He's my best friend. He didn't-

"You beat the fuck out of me for cigarettes?"

Naib looked at me with pity, taking a few steps closer. His hand came up to brush my shoulder, but I pulled away. "No. Don't touch me."

"Eli that wasn't the only reason!"

Now he looked like he was about to cry. His voice cracked as he spoke again.

"There was so much more to it than that."

"Then what?! What made you think-"

"I made a deal with Joseph to protect you. He said he was going to fuck you up next match and I said I would do anything to stop him. He promised me he'd leave you and Tracy alone and give me cigarettes if I... beat you up when you least expected it."

I was at a loss for words. He really would've taken that offer?

"No. How am I supposed to believe you?!" my voice raised to a slight yell, my broken lip cracking open even more and begging to bleed. The familiarly warm liquid went down my chin, an audible drip sounding through the now dead silent hallway.

"Eli, you have to believe me-"

"You just did it for the cigarettes, Naib! You-"

"Eli! Shut up for just a second!"

He came right at me, his hands wrapping tightly around my shredded wrists. White, hot agony shot through my system, my vision flashing all colors and my ears ringing out. When I surfaced, I realized the sound was my own scream.

"I swear to god that I'm not lying!"

He was crying, I could feel the way he was shaking, as my knees buckled underneath me. The pain was unbearable, and the only thing I could shoot out were profanities.

"Do you believe me?!" he yelled out, his grip getting tighter. I screamed.

I couldn't feel anything but his fingers digging into my fresh wounds. It all hurt. It always hurt.

Why am I always the one in pain?

"Yes! I believe you!"

The pressure released, and I fell to my knees, tears still streaming down my face.

"Please... you'll get it soon enough,.."

And with that, Naib walked away, leaving me a broken and bleeding mess on the floor.

"Eli?!" a voice yelled out, footsteps running right up to me. Soft hands gently grabbed my arms, making a splash of pain hit right behind my eyes with a burning sensation.

"Fuck-" they cursed, before lifting up my useless body. God...

I was never supposed to be so weak. They all see me as this weak person who will never be able to take care of himself, huh?

Tears kept rolling down my face, as the person I couldn't identify carried me up to my room and carefully placed me in my bed.

Why wasn't Brooke Rose helping me? She would've saved me if a random person grabbed me, right? Or alerted someone-

As soon as familiar lips pressed to mine, I knew who it was. It cut my thinking off, as I focused on ignoring the pain and sharing the moment with the other person. My hands gripped the front of the shirt of the person who was leaning over me. 

"I'm so sorry! I told him to talk to you about it, but he's freaking out! He punched Joseph and all that shit happened and then he was told to fight you or Joseph would badly hurt you and Trac-"

"Shut up please."

Aesop's eyes widened, but he gently nodded and climbed over me. I felt myself relax as he put himself under the blanket and wrapped his arms around my torso. I leaned on my side, pressing my back to his front and allowing him to hold me. 

I grabbed one of his hands, holding it up to my mouth and kissing it lightly. Aesop shivered behind me, but allowed me to hold his hand to my face and gently close my eyes. 

"It's just midday. You just woke up, right? Just a bit ago?"

I groaned lightly, falling into Aesop's chest even more. I moved myself, to where I could turn around and lay on his chest. 

His hands gently ran through my hair and rubbed my back. My entire body felt relaxed, as I just let my eyes close.

"I just want to sleep... Please. I love you."

Aesop's grip tightened, his body relaxing and melting into me. 

My face felt hot from my own words, but I just let my body go numb and limp.

"Trust me... I love you too."

-:-:-

Hi guys.. I'm so sorry for not updating in awhile. I'm just... in a horrible place right now. I don't know what to do, and I literally want to die, but I'll make it. Everything hurts, mentally and physically.

Anyways... thank you so much for reading. I love you all and think you're so awesome for taking your time and reading this garbage. I appreciate you all. Thank you, my lovelies. 

-Mags++