fifty-eight

The female, Geisha as she was known in a match, though Michiko in the manor, looked around the room. It had been two days into rank season, and the survivors had calmed down with their skin wearing and went back to walking around the place they live in their normal, casual clothes. 

She watched closely, as the young seer yawned heavily and shuffled his way towards the embalmer, who was also downstairs waiting for breakfast to be ready by the wonderful black and white guards. They were both in plain shirts and sweats, though it looked as if the seer was wearing the embalmer's outfit instead of his own. Michiko chuckled, before turning around quickly. 

"Ow-"

Realizing she just knocked someone over, the woman looked down, to see exactly what she didn't want to. It was Mike Morton, still freshly weak after what about everyone in the manor had heard happened and why

Vera was, well... punished accordingly for her horrific actions against the two males. Though, this was really a house of horrors, blackmail is not permitted or acceptable. Just because you're angry in the manor about yourself, your skill, or even someone else, doesn't mean you can ruin someone else because of it. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, babe. Let me help you up."

Michiko bent down, gently grabbing the boy by his waist and placing him back down on the ground. The sound in the main room was loud, but everyone seemed fairly content... even the boy who just got knocked down. He smiled at the woman, before thanking her lightly and walking away. It left Michiko with a sense of either guilt or uneasiness, though there was no way that she could identify which or if it was even one of the two. 

She just sighed and began to walk into the kitchen to talk to the guards. 

-:-:-

"Xie Bi'an... why would you leave Fan to cook by himself? I swear that I'm okay."

The white guard looked at the girl he loved more than anything in pity. He knew she was lying, but he didn't want to call her out, so the male just grabbed the girl and took her in his arms. Going with the comfortable feeling, Emily let herself collapse into his chest, where they were sitting on the bed. 

Emily sighed heavily, but she really didn't desire to move away from the male. He held her waist gently, which just made her melt into him more. Her feelings around both of them were quite conflicted. The two felt almost as one, like she wanted them the same, but it made her feel selfish. Like she was keeping two people to herself, and she didn't even want to keep one.  

It felt like she was being wrong. 

God, I can't be like this. i can't do this. I'm the doctor. I'm- supposed to help others. I'm supposed to give my all to them and not be selfish or care about anything else. Why the FUCK am I feeling like this?

Emily tensed, as tears she didn't even realize were building up began to fall. That made Xie completely tense too, as he held onto the girl tighter. He wanted to ask what was wrong, but Emily began blabbering through the tears before he could. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm just really overwhelmed because I'm supposed to be the doctor and I constantly have people who need my help, like Mike and Eli, and I can't take it! I'm sorry! I want more than just to be the doctor! I want someone! I want multiple someones! I cannot deal with this shit-"

"Shh, be quiet Emily. It's alright. Can you uhm... tell me who you want though?"

Emily tensed up quite a bit, but she didn't want to give herself away. Her mind flew through all the dodges and excuses, coming up with  string of words that she didn't realize would absolutely kill Wu Chang. 

"You wouldn't like who I said. So, it doesn't matter."

-:-:-

Okay so guys, this is an ESPECIALLY short chapter, but... I mean- I'm about to go to a cabin and go hiking sooooooo I probably won't be able to update anytime soon. I really hope you guys don't hate me. 

Thank you, my lovelies. 

-Mags++