three

Five minutes before the scheduled time, we all went out to the table to wait on a hunter to be willing to join.

They are the enemy, but... I guess some of them are okay. But even people like Joseph and Wu Chang don't make it easy for us... ever.

I just sighed, when the counter started going down from sixty seconds.

Great... I get a headache right before a big match. I'm going to get out there and Aesop is going to see me mess up-

Wait... why do I care what Aesop thinks?

My thinking was cut off, as a siren went off and we got thrown into the arena for this match. One quick look around told me exactly where we were.

Leo's Memory...

The snow was falling quite hard in the area I was in, which prematurely scared the ever-living shit out of me.

I crouched down, wanting to know the exact area of the hunter. I closed my eyes, focusing hard. I only had five seconds to find the exact position of the hunt-

Oh fuck!

My heartbeat started going crazy as soon as I tried to see the hunter, so out of fear, I started running forward. My legs pumped as fast as I could go, but the red light kept coming in and out of my vision. Everything in me was working on running.

When the light went away, and my heart calmed a bit, I glanced back.

something had distracted the hunter, and it gave me a chance to see who it was.

Oh... Great, it's Axe Boy....

I started running, not really caring what stopped him from coming after me.

Everything was going good, as I finished the first cipher, until something popped up in front of my eyes. I fell back, before quickly composing myself. It was just the doctor, probably coming by to help with the cipher, although I finished it.

"Hi, Emily. What are you up to?" I asked casually. She just scowled. "Let's get out of here, idiot. Focus on deciphering."

She then ran off, so I just ran in the opposite direction. it's not like I didn't just do that cipher or anything.

As I ran, my eyes closed and tears threatened to spill. Everything hurt, like I was dying from some disease I would never be able to shed myself from and could never tell a soul. . No one really wants me here after that stupid breakdown I just had to have. I shook off all the thoughts, running towards a new cipher machine. 

My mind was so fuzzy, as i started working on the stupid machine. The beeping started to get louder, which was messing with my head. I just focused on whatever i could, but the past always seems to creep up behind you.

The night was cold and dark, as I sat there, listening to the shrill music coming from the stereo behind me. Everything felt ethereal, as I just sat there, taking in what I had said to Joker. It's not like he cared, but it's a little scary when you tell someone that could kill you that you don't really want your lif-

The sudden sound of a soft chuckle made me tense up. I was so caught up in thought, that I didn't hear my heartbeat going crazy. I quickly turned from the finished cipher, staring into the eyes of the other hunter. 

Leo Beck...

He was chuckling lightly, as I took a step back. My hands pressed against the keys of the frostbitten machine, signalling I couldn't go any farther. 

My eyes widened, as his body twitched, and my lips slammed shut. 

"Ha... h-ha... found you, survivor...