fifteen

Cold and painful. 

The air felt empty, as Eli silently cried and searched his floor. It just wasn't there. It... had to be. There was no way he lost it. Would Aesop really have taken it if he saw it? Eli bit his lip in an attempt to not make sound. 

He had woken up alone, which was what he expected anyways from Aesop. When he began to mess with some of the stuff on his desk, he noticed the one with the lock was slightly open. His journal and a necklace he got from someone special was gone, and the key was nowhere to be seen.

"Fuck!" Eli finally cried out, the tears blocking his vision. It was a bit later in the day, and he was sure some people were out at a match, but he couldn't be worried about any of that at all. It was pointless, and it's not like he could do a match in his current condition anyways. 

"Why?! Where did it go?!" 

Eli slammed his hands down on the nightstand roughly, ripping the thing to its side and knocking everything over. His closed bottle of ink clinked on the floor, barely saved from shattering onto the wooden floor. 

Quick footsteps running up the stairs after the crash made Eli slam the lock closed on his door and scoot the mangled and fallen nightstand in front of it to stop anyone who wanted to stop him from being able to do it. 

He backed up, breathing hard, his hands both up on the back of his head. Eli threw his head back, clenching his jaw and eyes closed tightly and trying to hold everything back. He let out a small scream before turning to his dresser and ripping open all the drawers in search of what he already knew was never going to be there. 

"Eli stop!" someone screamed from outside the room. When his senses came back a bit, he noticed that his door was shaking like crazy and some people were outside of it crying and screaming at him. Only for a second did he feel the shooting pain going through his broken arm, but it numbed itself again when he began to keep looking. 

Tracy felt the blood bubbling up and pouring down the sides of her hands as she threw her fists onto the door. Her face was red from the effort, as she tried her hardest to rip it down. Naib was trying to calm her down and pick the lock, but it was no use because of the type of lock and what he had. 

He stood from where he was crouched on the ground, wrapping his arms tightly around Tracy and began to try and rip her off of the door. 

"Tracy please! You're bleeding and we need to think about this before you just try and beat your way in-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, SUBEDAR!"

Her scream rang through the manor, making anyone downstairs freeze and look up at the ceiling. Tracy, the girl who usually keeps her cool and rarely curses, just screamed at Naib with all her heart. He flinched off of her, so she backed up from the door, got her footing ready, and ran straight into it. 

Naib tried to stop her, but it was too late; she positioned it where he shoulder forced all her weight onto the door. The force did nothing but shake the door.

Eli wasn't really paying attention anymore. As soon as she screamed and he realized all his secrets were just gone out from under him, he sat on the frame of his broken window, with a full backpack slung over his back, swinging his legs around under him. 

The air outside was cool and foggy, and he knew for sure that it would be a great time to take a permanent break from the world.

A small smile made its way up on his face, as he thought about it all just being over again. 

Tracy began to run towards the door again, but Naib ran in front of her and slung her small frame over his shoulder. She screamed and beat her bloody hands into his back, but he just began to walk her away from Eli's door.