twenty-two

Naib was sitting in the floor of the back of the room. He had his knees up, smoking qagain. he hadn't said another word, as the other two watched the match continue to unfold.

Tracy hadn't been sent back, and now Cowboy, who was thankfully there, was carrying her limp body around on his back as he worked on finishing the ciphers.

The others were rushing to get down, Tracy barely conscious on the boy's back. She had her arms tightly wrapped around his neck and her legs around his waist, as he continued to work hard to get the hell out of there.

"Why did he let her get away?" Eli questioned, sitting on the edge of the table so he could watch. Emily grunted in response, sitting right beside him. They were both slumped over, watching the match unfold.

"I was going to run out there and get her, but he just left her in the match..."

Eli nodded gently at Naib's words from the back of the room. "I wonder why."

"Who knows. I'll fix her up though." Emily added, chewing on the end of her pen as she watched. The dark room filled with a flash of light then went away in a quick motion, making Eli snap his gaze towards where it came from. Aesop was standing in the doorway, his eyes slowly switching from all the people in the room to the screen.

He inhaled slowly, his gaze going straight to the cigarette in Naib's mouth.

So... this is where he goes to smoke those.

"So... what's up...?"

Eli snorted gently, patting the place on the table beside him for Aesop to sit down. The taller boy did as he was told, his eyes focusing on whatever the other two were. Naib seemed to be in his own little world in the back.

"Oh god... who did that to her?" he asked gently. Naib coughed in the back, his reply coming back in a croak.

"Master of the mirror world, sir Joseph."

Aesop felt his face drop. His hand scrambled the grab Eli's. The other boy had no objections, as Aesop held his hand tightly.

"Why didn't I assume-"

The exit gates opened quickly, the match spiraling to an end. They all watched carefully. Cowboy was running for the gate, Tracy still holding onto him tightly.

Joseph was behind them, as he could tell from the red light and the crazed beating in their hearts. The adrenaline in all the spectators made it feel like their hearts were going just as roughly.

As they passed the gate and made it out safely, Naib shot up. He put out the cigarette and ran a hand through his messy hair, before looking at the others.

They all just nodded, as he ran down the stairs loudly. The sound of the front door flying open was enough to know how this was about to go.

Emily quickly began to gather her things, before shoving them in Eli's lap. He looked up at her in surprise, as she threw her jacket on. "I'm in the next match. I have to go."

And with that, the two boys wished her luck and watched as she left. Eli day her stuff beside him, deciding that he would just stay in the room and watch her play.

"We're in the match after these next two, right?"

Eli nodded at Aesop's question, yawning gently. He stretched, resting his head and leaning on Aesop when he calmed.

Aesop just wrapped his arm around the other, as they watched the matches load up.

Eli decided he was going to watch Emily's, so Aesop did the same. It was pretty silent for the most part, until Aesop's hand started rubbing Eli's thigh. The smaller of the two looked over.

Aesop was staring at Eli. Before the brunette could even think, Aesop's lips were pressed to his and his lover's hand was under his shirt, holding the small of Eli's back.

Eli leaned into the kiss, allowing whatever to happen. Everything in him felt warm and tingly. Aesop was being rather touchy; this really didn't happen a lot.

Soon enough, Eli was pinned to the table, Aesop atop of him. Things were... rather heated, as the two continued with what they were doing.

Everything felt so right, when-

"Oh my god! I'm sorry!"

Aesop shot up, falling off the table and into the floor at the voice. When he looked up, Tracy was standing in the doorway. She looked a lot better; Naib had probably cleaned her up. Her face was bright red.

"Uhm-" Aesop started, his own face going bright. Eli just sat up, throwing his head in his hands. They both felt their hearts going way too fast.

"I didn't mean to interrupt!" she yelled out, taking another step inside. "Naib is just in the second match going on!"

Aesop flew to his feet, his hands going to Tracy's shoulders. "Hey, calm down. It's fine. We just... didn't want people to know about any of that yet....?"

Eli got off the table, running a hand through his messy hair to attempt and tame it a bit.

"It's fine Trace. Come in and watch the match with us."

The three sat on the table, all watching them go down.

"So... how long?" she mumbled.

Aesop felt his face go red. Eli was ignoring the question. "Just a little while."

She laughed at his response. To be real, she could always tell the two were in love with eachother. This wasn't a big surprise.

"I assume you want me to keep this a secret."

"Please." Eli mumbled, rubbing his tired eyes. "God we play in the next match."

Tracy snorted, watching the upset boy whine about having to go on a match.

"You guys better go downstairs. Joker likes em early."

Aesop laughed, but Eli let out a grumble. "Fuck me... this is gonna suck."

-:-:-

Hi. I'm at the doctor. I want to die. I'm literally so sick. Someone help.

Anyways, thank you all so much for reading! I love all of youuuuu~! Thank you guys so much, and feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think. Peace out.

-Mags++