forty-eight

"Girl, you've gotta be fucking kidding me."

"You really just walked out like that?! That must've been some badass shit!" 

"He was never worth your time in the first place! Stop crying over his dumb ass!"

Fiona smiled gently through her tears at the people in front of her. 

Helena, Vera, and Patricia were all trying to hype her up and keep her happy, but it wasn't really working.

"Come on, girl... you are worth so much more than some stupid seer."

Fiona looked up at the enchantress with wide, tear-filled eyes. She wanted to believe her, but she really had been struck down hard by the boy. It wasn't something she could just control. She fell for him hard. 

"He's gay anyways."

All the females turned around in shock at the statement. There he laid, legs crossed, picking at his fingernails with a knife, popsicle stick hanging out of his mouth. That stupid fucking bitch. 

"Goddammit, Norton! You don't know what the fuck you're talking about!"

The male chuckled lightly at Vera's words. She was always the snappy one out of these sluts... minus Helena. 

"Chill, girlies. I know what I'm talking about. Don't worry about it."

Fiona looked up in shock, her eyes going really wide. 

"Are you... b-...being serious? Is he really?"

"I don't know; probably."

Norton stood from where he was sitting, walking over to the females who were being obnoxiously loud in the main living area of the manor. If he hadn't heard their bullshit from the kitchen, he never would've intervened. They were all bitches anyways. 

"You guys are really loud. I wouldn't be surprised if him and all his little friends were listening to you guys right now," the boy teased, going between the perfumer and enchantress, wrapping his arms around both of them. 

Vera violently pulled away, wiping off her outfit with her hands, acting almost like the male had been covered in some rotting substance. 

"So? I hope they're listening! They need to know that she doesn't need an asshole like that seer!"

Norton couldn't help but laugh, snorting as he did so. He continued to laugh loudly, when a swift hand smacked against his cheek. The boy never broke his smile, as he looked up at the person who had smacked him. Vera was holding her wrist, probably of the hand she hit him with, looking at him with some strange mixture of disgust and fear.

Norton chuckled under his breath. 

"Don't act like you haven't fallen in love with every single damn person here. Naib would be rather disappointed in your words, darling."

The girl's eyes went wide at the name he mentioned. It reminded her of the time she was obsessed with the boy. Well... she still sort of was, but of course she kept it a secret. Did her precious Naib really have anything to do with the seer? no, Norton was just teasing.

"Why would you mention someone who has nothing to do with this. That male, if he heard what happened, would probably be down here with us talking about how much of a bastard that seer is! He wouldn't stick up for such a loser."

Norton smiled at her use of vocabulary and just the words she was speaking all together. 

God, to be that openly obsessed with someone, you don't know jackshit about our boy, do you?