five

Anxiety pierced through the boy, as his breathing kept the rapid pace. Emily had brought him to his room, but he really didn't care. All he wanted was the other.

He just clenched his eyes shut tightly. He lips had scabs covering them, the taste of blood wavering in and out in a pulsating radiation.

"Did you hear what actually happened?" Emily whispered from the hallway. They must've not known that the boy could hear.

"Yeah, he had a panic attack. Probably from Eli being all messed up. Or, it could be the fact that he hasn't eaten since that match." Tracy replied.

"That was crazy, man! I can't believe we all got suspended for three days! I guess we can start tomorrow morning..." Naib whisper-yelled, making Aesop stand.

He quickly fixed up his hair and clothes, before quickly leaving the room. A few gasps came from the direction the three were in, but he just hurried past them.

He just went straight to the dinning hall, knowing that they would be serving it soon. He had skipped it for the past two days, so when he walked in, every single person looked at him.

The boy didn't care, he just walked off to a corner of the room, everyone else going back to normal.

"Aesop?" a soft, shallow voice asked.
The boy just crossed his arm, a sharp breath coming from him.

"What?" he snapped, trying his best not to burst into tears again.

No... don't cry. It's just... E-Eli. He's okay. He'll wake up. Maybe. What if- what if he doesn't wake up? What if... he dies and it's my fault...? Oh god-

Aesop clutched his stomach. He felt too nauseated to move. Everything in him hurt, as he just looked straight down.

The same, weak voice spoke up again.

"Are you okay? You l-look sick..."

Aesop felt like he was falling, holding onto his torso tight. Everything in his body ached with an indescribable pain. He just... wanted to talk to-

No.

He shouldn't.

I... don't deserve to talk to him. He wouldn't want to talk to me anyways. Why would he? Why am I so entitled, to even imagine that he would still want to talk to me? He fucking hates me. I put him through that shit. That was my fault. It was all my fault. He hates me.

The person on the other end of the conversation wasn't really having it either.

It's my fault that we got kicked from matches until tomorrow. I'm the one that got attacked by Leo Beck. It's my fault for pissing him off. It's all my fault. I don't deserve to talk to him. He hates me.

Aesop stood there, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. His mind was spiraling so far out of reach, and he didn't know what would be able to pull it back.

"I'm fine."

"I heard that you had a pan-"

The sound of flesh against flesh in a violent manor echoed through the loud room, loud enough for everyone to hear. Most people went quiet, turning to see what happened.

Aesop just kept his head down, not willing to look at the person he just smacked. He couldn't take it. The usually quiet boy... snapped.

He had smacked the person questioning him, and all because he didn't want to take their questions.

He ripped back his wrist, holding it tightly with his other hand. Something was terribly wrong, though. The person was... crying?

Small gasps, that they were obviously trying to hide, made their way into his ears. Something sounded too familiar. They sounded so similar to the ones he had heard coming from... Eli's room... at 3am....

Aesop's head snapped up just in time, to see that familiar, messy brown hair turn around the corner, heading into a hallway.

Everything snapped.

Aesop felt his heart snap in his chest, crumble into so many pieces. He felt it shatter.

He was kneeling in the broken parts of himself, and just smacked the person that would've been able to pick him up.

He's walking on an ocean of happiness that he can't penetrate through.

The ice on top is just too thick.

His broken heart-strings bled purple, as they tried to empty theirselves to feel nothing. He wanted it over. He wanted to feel nothing and something at the same time.

I guess you can say the ice really is making him numb.