thirteen

The physical act of sobbing is never really seen as pretty, but Aesop could say for a fact that Eli managed to break that law. He knew that the seer could never really be ugly with anything but his words. Those were something that indeed could leave a mark on someone. 

Eli sat there, staring at a wall. it had been that way for awhile. Silent. Deadly. 

It's so funny to think of yourself as a human being for awhile, but then be hit with the fact that you are just a conversation piece between two people who would never understand the severity of anything. You're just another piece on the board, but never important enough to be moved or used. Your team is losing, and you aren't thought of as a way to help, only a way to make things sink further and further until you are all stuck in a hole of torment. 

Agony. 

It's a useless feeling. 

It would never matter anyways as long as blood kept flowing past the natural fleshy barrier keeping it in. Everything always seems to go past where it was meant to stay anyways.

-:-:-

The air was cold and musty, everything feeling somewhat between burnt roses and hazy summer nights. The new match was coming up soon, and they were all ready for it, especially Eli. 

Four survivors: 

Eli.

Naib.

Emily.

Tracy.

One hunter: 

Joseph. 

And zero will to live. 

Eli ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes gently. The giant cut and bruise on his lip ached horribly, but there was absolutely nothing he could really do about it but pretend it wasn't there and that his pain didn't really exist. 

"Come on. Let me fix it for you, please."

The voice was distant, underwater. It was so far away, so disconnected to everything else he'd ever known. It was familiar, but so so bad to feel again. He wanted clarity, not this ever-living bullshit.

"P-Please leave me to get ready, Emily." he begged quietly, it nearly coming out as a whimper. The girl looked at him with pity in her eyes. She bit her lip lightly, before sighing and exiting the room. Nothing good would come out of the whole situation unless she just did exactly what the boy really wanted.

Eli tied the blindfold around his face tighter than usual, only leaving enough give to not leave weird marks on his peach-tones skin. 

It was soft, to Aesop at least. The silver-haired male always loved the feeling of Eli's skin and hair. Actually, he loved absolutely everything about the other. 

Eli ran a hand through his hair, thinking. The only thing that could manage to cross his mind was the person he wanted the most. The one he wanted to please the most. The one he only wished actually loved him. The one who hates him. The one he can't have. 

-:-:-

Carnival music...

It always seems to take over his system in this map. 

Joseph already took out Tracy and Emily, but it was okay because there were only... three ciphers left. 

Fuck. They were very very screwed.

-:-:- Eli -:-:-

The air burned my lungs. Hope was lost. There's no way we could win. Naib had been hit once, and was currently running right towards me, by the sounds in the air.