sixty

"Aesop, please calm down. It's okay. It's really okay."

The silver-haired male gripped his hair with his hands even tighter. That fucking deer-faced whore had- 

Shit. 

Aesop fell to his knees, hands staying tight in his hair. Eli watched with pity from his bed, watching the other male suffer. He really didn't know what he could do to help. 

"Aesop, it was only a match-"

"No, Eli! That was rank! It's harder to get into matches, and if you don't win the ones you manage to crawl into, you're fucking screwed! I'm being serious!"

Eli just shook his head, not being able to hold back the small laugh; it made Aesop sick to his stomach. All skin, bones, broken hearts, and fucked up matches. 

"Aesop, it's okay. You've never cared about rank before, so what's up with you?"

The taller boy didn't want to tell Eli that it wasn't even about the match. He didn't want to say it was because of what Gamekeeper had said and what happened at the end, where he couldn't save the boy. 

"Eli... how did he find the coffin? It was on a far wall close to the gate, but hidden enough that he wouldn't be able to find it with any teleportation."

The seer sighed heavily, running his hand through his dark hair. He wanted to end the conversation about their defeat, but his fucking boyfriend just kept going on and on. There was no point in avoiding it; life would be better if he tried to get it over with quickly. 

"I don't know. I really don't know."

Those words of uncertainty made Aesop throw his hands harshly onto the wooden floor. Eli flinched. God, rank season really did fuck them all over. 

-:-:-

"S-Stop-"

The other male was not going to stop. He never listened to the embalmer. He never listened to the seer. He never listened to any of their little bitch gang. It was them who fucked him over, right? It would always be them. 

"I'm not going to listen to a pathetic survivor. You're the one that asked me for pain killers and something to cure your hangover, correct? Well, this is how you'll pay for them."

The male struggled. He was tied to a chair by his wrists and ankles, a piece of cloth blocking his vision. Wondering if this was how Eli saw everything made him almost feel like passing out. Right as he was about to spew out more curse words at the hunter, another piece of cloth came into his mouth, wrapping around his head. 

A gag? What the fuck is the point of that?

The boy decided to stay quiet. There was no point in trying to scream for people who would never hear it. He just tried to rip the restraints from his body, grunts escaping in the process. The hunter chuckled deeply. 

"Baby's already trying to escape?"

He tried to yell out some form of "fuck you" but it really wasn't clear. 

He just sighed and let his head hang, as the hunter walked around in front of him and gathered some things. A bag of pills, a bottle of something, a small knife, some other things he couldn't see. 

Joseph was a bastard. He was a real bastard, but there was nothing that they could do about it. The survivor should've known that, but he just wanted to help his friend. He really just wanted to help his friend. 

He just wanted to help him-

"God, kid. Stop it with the pained expression and teary eyes or I might actually feel a little bad. You don't want him to not get his meds, right? Maybe you should stop the pity party."

Oh, that was wrong. 

The male struggled against everything. he felt himself being lost. He felt himself losing it. He was really losing it. He tried to get something out. A leg, a hand, his fucking tongue out of his mouth. 

The tie loosened. He pushed the material out of his mouth. 

"Fuck you! Leave him alone!"

Joseph spun around from where he was pacing to face the other. The room was dark with a greenish tint from the lights all around the walls. It made the outsider sick. If he knew the things that happened on this floor, what happened on that bed, what happened in this fucking hellish room. They were cancerous, and the boy would surely spew his guts. 

Joseph smirked, dangling the bag of pills close to the survivors face, but far away enough that he'd never be able to reach it with his teeth. He was too close, hands running gently over the boy's shoulder and near his body. This was dangerous. 

"Joseph, he just massively overdosed! Because of me! He needs the painkillers and the other shit!"

The hunter smirked. 

"Norton... you really don't know how things work around here, huh?"