two

I walked through the hallways, down different twists and corners. No one really said anything to me, until...

Oh fuck.

"Eli. Welcome back."

I just nodded at Naib, walking closer. He pulled me into his room, shutting the door right behind him. When he turned to face me, his face looked stricken.

"Okay. What happened to the embalming idiot? He doesn't talk a lot, but he usually at least greets people. He looked so pissed when he came back."

I felt my face drop. Of course, I was going to get blamed for him saving my sorry ass. I never get caught, and that's why I don't need saving. This was just... a bad situation.

"He was mad that he had to save me. Just give him some time, he will be okay."

That was the one thing he did let me learn about him, he will get over stuff and very quickly too.

He probably doesn't even care that much anymore.

"Oh, okay! I have some work to get to, so go rest up!" He chirped.

I didn't question him, I just left, walking down the hallways quickly. It's like... everyone's either been ignoring me or pissed off with me lately.

At least Naib still talks to me.

Well....

I guess it is my fault that they all hate me. I just... got so depressed, and... fuck.

Tears threatened to fall, as I made my way to my room. They wouldn't see it anyways,

I just stripped off my cloak and lied down in my black shirt and shorts. My blindfold, which I use as a mask, just stayed on, comforting me as I feel into a deep pit of slumber.

-:-:-

The loud sound of knocking pulled me straight from the immortal realm of sleep. My voice was groggy, as I said for whoever it was to just come in.

Since I was expecting Naib, the fact that Aesop walked in was a bit of a surprise. I just pulled the blanket over my body, only sitting up a little bit.

"Uh... hi." he greeted.

It stung, like a knife being shoved into my palms for the relief of just feeling something.

His voice was like Adderall being pumped through my veins in a pulsating radiation, infecting all the fresh blood and leaving me there to die.

I sat up, throwing the blanket off.

"Uh. I want to apologize. I was just angry that you... wanted me to leave you behind. It kind of hurt, you know  

I pulled on a smile, doing my best to stay calm. I had to play my usual, annoying self.

"Yeah! It's alright! It was kinda scary though!" I replied happily, my smile never fading. He just twitched.

"So... you're okay?"

"Of course."

"Well... would you like to apply for the match tonight? Uhm... it's 2v8..."

I forced myself to pull up a small smile. A reply was about to escape my lips, but... my heartbeat started going. It wasn't... glowing like usual, but the same feeling and sound was surrounding me. My eyebrows furred, and so did his.

"Are you okay?" he asked, taking a step closer to me. I just looked at him. Looked at him and his pretty face. All i wanted was to hear his voice and to play with his hair and-

No.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll go to the match."

He left a soft smile, walking outside of my room.

I just sighed, grabbing my cloak off the floor and putting it on. No one could see my body. That would... be really bad. It's terribly ugly anyways.

I walked down the stairs, going through the many hallways. Most people were gathered in the dining room. I just walked up to Leo Beck, who I assumed was taking names for the matches.

"Uh... Leo?" I mumbled, standing in front of him. They all still... kind of put me on edge.

He looked down at me, twitching slightly, like always.

"Yes, seer?" he asked, making my skin crawl. Most of the hunters didn't care enough to learn our names anyways.

"Hi, uh, how many spots for the upcoming match are left?"

He just rolled his eyes, snorting gently. My thumbs twiddled, as he looked at his clip board.

"One."

"Sign me up then." I mumbled, trying to sound as confident as possible.

It didn't work.

He just laughed and wrote my name down, so I took that as my cue to walk off.

I sat down at the table, watching as the others spoke and blasted music. Joseph was standing on the table, dancing with the doctor. He was one of the hunters that actually talked, and liked, survivors.

He's alright.

Then there are the ones that just... hate us. Those are just great. Aha...

I sat for awhile, then the ten minute marker came up. It started counting down, which made me anxious. I shouldn't have joined.

Why... why did I listen to Aesop so willingly?

I tried shaking the thought out of my mind, but it only made it worse. All I could think about was him: his voice, his hair, his eyes, his mouth that one time his mask fell off and how much I wanted to test what it would taste like-

No.

I have to...

Focus on the match....