forty-seven

"Baby, that'll make you sleepy."

"Good."

"Then we won't be able to do anything."

Eli groaned loudly, pulling the thick blanket over his head. He was sick of the constant whining. Aesop was always willing to have an actual conversation, he stayed silent, or he could just tell what was happening and would do what he could to comfort the boy. He taught Eli things, like how to be patient and how to realize someone actually loves you, but... it was all bullshit.

Aesop was bullshit.

Eli still somehow being alive was bullshit.

I promised him... After they found me in the woods after what Joseph did, he made me promise not to die. He made me promise to try and stay alive. I can't break that, no matter what happens. It's like... I can't let him go.

"Please! Please! Please get up!"

"Shut the fuck up! For fucks sake, shut up!"

Eli closed his eyes tightly, holding something back; he guessed it was tears.

This was bad... he hated her.

"Fiona..."

The boy cut himself off, gasping in shock at what he hear. She was crying. She was crying somewhere in his room.

He sat up and threw the blanket off his body, gazing all around. She was standing at the foot of his bet, tears going down her face in a steady pattern. She was shaking and sobbing; damn.

This wasn't good.

Eli felt a surge of pain shoot through his chest, but on a deep level, he really couldn't bring himself to care.

She looked up at him, her lip in a pout. She slowly began to stop crying, her eyes being really red, as she looked right at him.

"Eli...I-..I just... I don't know how to say this. You're always so fucking mean to me. I get it, you go through rough shit, but I can't take that. I'm really sorry. I know that we were never actually a thing, and we were just fucking around for a month, but I actually did catch hard feelings for you. I'm sorry about that. I'm so sorry. i realize now that it's really not going to work. God, I'm so sorry for falling. Thank you for everything."

Eli was frozen in shock, as she came over to him and kissed his cheek lightly.

She walked over to the door, not turning back as she said her last words to him.

"Goodbye, love."

When the door shut, Eli felt himself become numb again. It was like all those emotions that he was feeling after they broke up and he got with that girl were wiped away. He was back to the state where he craved the other boy in an instant. It had never left... he just suppressed it all away.

Oh fuck. This shit is bad. I need a hug.

Without thinking of anything, Eli stood, marched right out of his room, and straight into someone's who he was so used to walking into. He came in and threw his body onto the bed. After a few seconds, he looked up. Naib and Tracy were staring at him in shock.

They had been playing Uno on the floor, but Naib jumped to his feet, grabbed Eli by the shoulders, and ripped him into a tight hug.

"Oh my god, dude! You're fucking back! God, this is hella dope. Does this mean you're over your personal little hissy fit?!"

Naib let go, looking at the other with anticipation. Eli chuckled at what the boy had called it, before shrugging lightly with a smile. "I guess."

The boy jumped up in excitement, grabbing Tracy. She screamed to be put down, as he spun her in circles.

"Trace, we got our main bitch back!"

Eli flinched at the loud voice, falling down against the bed.  He ended up falling against it, closing his eyes tightly. He just felt bad. Why did she have to apologize like that? It made his stomach turn. God... this wasn't good.

"You alright, dude?" Naib asked, him and Tracy sitting back down to finish their game.

"Yeah..."

Fucking liar. You're such a fucking liar, you know that?  This is why nothing ever goes good. You're a little bitch, and you say all this bullshit. God, I hate myself.

"You need to talk to Aesop and clear things up."

Eli felt his stomach drop. Naib wasn't being serious, right? There was no way...

Fuck.

Eli sighed heavily, realizing what the other said was probably pretty true. He needed to fix this. Despite all he claimed to feel, he regretted it all and really just... wanted his fucking boyfriend back. It was probably too late, and the boy was still convinced the taller male hated him,but that didn't matter. He was going to get him back before it became the death of him.

"I guess."

Naib looked up at the drained boy, sighing lightly.

"Eli... don't just guess. You have to fucking know. You have to know you're gonna fix this and it'll be alright."

"...okay."