fourteen

Cold. 

The air was chilled. 

It actually hurt a little bit. My hands grabbed at the solid, steel sheet under me. It hurt. All feeling knocked into me all at once, a loud gasp that was even more like a cry escaping my lips. 

"Oh god! He woke up!"

My eyes shot open before my body could move. They looked to the right of me, where the sound had come from. Emily, Naib, Tracy, and Aesop (the people who would all eventually become the pieces in the greatest and strongest group of friends to exist) were all standing there. 

Emily was holding up a bloody scalpel, Naib was biting his lip hard, holding my legs down with his arms, Tracy was restraining more of my body and was trying to hold concentration, and Aesop... he had silent tears strolling down his face. Just... standing there, watching whatever was happening. 

"Guys... he can't take this-"

"Can't take what?!" I yelled out a little too harsh, because it made all of them flinch. 

"Eli... your arm is broken and there's a bunch of wood and shit stuck in your leg. the only thing left to do is to snap your arm back in place and make the best brace I possibly can so it can heal." Emily frowned with her words, closing her eyes and grimacing. My eyes just went wide with fear. 

"P-Please, don't do that-"

"Eli, we have no choice."

Frantic. I began to sputter, pulling away from the table and all their grasps with all my might, trying my best to get away from all of them. Oh, how much of my life I would give away to just lay with Aesop right now and take my pain without her doing this. 

"Yes, you have a choice!" I yelled out, choking on a sob I had tried to swallow. 

Coward coward coward coward coward coward coWARD COWARD-

JUST TAKE IT AND STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE-

"No, please."

Crack!

White, hot agony. 

The horrid sound of bone snapping back into place and the (100x worse) feeling of it happening forced a loud shrieking sound to escape the back of my throat. 

Naib flinched hard, wincing at what he saw and all the sounds that had occurred. 

"Ouch..."

-:-:-

"Fuck!" 

The scream came out of me quicker than I thought possible. It was short and sharp, ringing through the tiny area of my room with ease. "Oh my god, Eli, please calm down."

My body spun around, as I focused on the scene. 

Aesop was standing by my door, wearing all black and wringing his hands. He had his mask off, so I could tell that he was pissed by his facial expression. He was rubbing his eyes, the only lights in the dark room being from the Christmas lights he keeps up year long. Aesop sighed loudly. 

"Please just go to sleep."

"No, you need to get me out of here! He finally did it! he broke a bone of mine, ans we have no resources to fix it! She wrapped it in a thin bandage, Aesop!"

Aesop looked at the boy in front of him, knowing damn well we both had dark circles under their eyes. He took a few steps closer to me, his arms wrapping around my body tightly soon enough. I felt everything in me heat up, it all going to my face and way down under. 

"Please calm down, Ei..." he mumbled right into my ear. I felt so warm in his arms; I could honestly say that it wiped all my motives and changed wanting to leave to wanting to stay right in his arms. 

No. 

I can't just want things like that from someone who doesn't care. I can't want things to be all fine and dandy, when they are far from it and never will be the same again. 

"Will you lay down with me? We can just fall asleep?" 

I melted into his arms, not tense at all. It felt good to be able to trust someone, even if the trust was built up on the countless lies I told myself daily. I knelt before my own throne of pure distrust and bullshit, and there was no way to just go back to how it was once before.

"Please..."

Aesop lead me to the bed and lied me down, where we were just laying there in the comfortable silence. My back was pressed against him, and he just loosely held my waist, holding me close and warmly. 

The only thing I could hear in the room was his quiet and already evened out breathing behind me. My body sank into his and relaxed completely on instinct. It felt so right, though I knew it was all so so wrong. 

"Thank you... I love you..." I mumbled mindlessly, falling into an endless pit of slumber. 

-:-:- third person -:-:-

Aesop felt a small smile appear on his face at Eli's cute and breathy words, feeling as the smaller boy fell right to sleep. He sighed gently, taking slow and deep breaths. He had no objectives except allowing Eli to rest and making his already hurting body carefully.

He deserved it. He deserved the rest, and he really didn't need to be put through this. He deserved to be treated better. He deserved far better than Aesop. 

"No... you don't." Aesop mouthed, it not even really being loud enough to be considered a whisper. "You don't love me; and if you do, you should stop." 

Aesop sighed gently, allowing his body to rest. His next words were a bit louder but still just a low murmur. 

"...but I love you too."

-:-:-

Hi guys. I'm really sorry for the short chapter, and I also need to apologize for it taking so long, but school started back up and I want to die so- yeah! I'm trying my best here, but I feel like my stuff is just getting more and more sloppy. I'm going to try harder. If you liked the chapter, feel free to vote and comment if you like. Welp... I need food, so see ya laterrrr

-Mags !!