thirty

"Why did you do that?"

Naib looked straight down, his hands shoved into his hoodie pocket. He felt like either crying or just dying right then and there. 

"You already know. I told you. I'm not kidding, you can ask Aesop."

"I know. But you really couldn't have found another solution?"

"It's all Joseph offered. He threatened taking things and protection away from me that I couldn't risk. I tried."

Tracy scoffed, pushing her hair out of her face and looking up at him. He looked like he wanted to bolt out the window and position himself where the fall would snap his neck in half.

"Then you didn't try hard enough. God, you could've faked it, even!"

Naib bit his lip, keeping his gaze to the floor. Everything in him hurt. The floor underneath him felt all too weak, like he wanted to just fall through it and forget about everything.

"Tracy, you have to believe me."

"I do. i always have, and I always will. You just... fucked up this time."

"I know."

Tracy jumped off the bed and walked up to the boy, pulling him into a hug. He hugged her back, his face going into her hair. It all felt calm, but then the screaming started. 

"What the fuck is that?!" Naib screamed out, pushing away from the girl and running to her bedroom door. He threw it open, and both of them listened in the hallway as someone cried and screamed as if they were being killed with a machete.  

Tracy gasped lightly, but Naib quickly covered her mouth so they could listen carefully. Right then, Aesop came shooting up the stairs, falling down slightly when he got fully up, but quickly running past Tracy's room.

They both watched in shock, as he beat on the door, screaming Eli's name. Oh...

Tracy felt tears welling up in her eyes at the realization it was Eli. It was their friend again-

"Aesop! What is going on?!" Naib yelled out, cutting off Tracy's thoughts. She was holding her hands over her mouth so she could muffle the small cried coming from her weak body. No. Eli was-

"I don't know!" the other boy cried out, tears running down his face. Before the two standing in the hall could do anything, Aesop rammed his shoulder into the door, knocking it down and running inside. 

Naib sighed loudly, as Tracy hugged his torso and cried into his body. he rubbed her back gently, before closing them into the room. 

"It's okay... Aesop will handle it."

-:-:-

Aesop sat there. He was so numb. The words that Eli said... no. They weren't fair. 

"Aesop, honey, would you please tell me what happened?" Emily asked, gently tending to the wounds Joseph and himself had left on his fragile body.

He was just... staring at the wall in front of him, as she looked at him with worry cast upon her soft facial features. She put her hand out, gently wiping a stray tear from his face. 

"Please..."

"It was all a misunderstanding. I swear... it was a misunderstanding."

"What was, dear?"

Aesop leaned his head back, pointing to the hickey. Emily just looked at him with a questioning look. 

"You know. You're the only one who knows what he does to me. And Eli... saw it and thinks I'm cheat-"

Aesop sputtered, the tears now flowing full throttle. He sobbed, his hands holding his knees tightly. 

"He thinks I'm ch-cheating on him!"

Emily felt her eyes go wide. She always had thought that they maybe had something going on, but this seemed serious. It wasn't some play relationship, huh? She felt her throat tighten. 

"Aesop- maybe you should just tell him what's going on-"

"I CAN'T Emily! I just can't do that! It's not that simple!"

Aesop felt himself just continue to sob. The metal bed he was sitting on was cold, but he wished it would turn so hot it fried him. He didn't want this anymore. 

He just wanted it to be over. 

He wanted to end it. 

Everything felt so, so cold, and he wanted out. Like... totally out. It was not fair at all. 

Nothing would ever fix how he feels. Not ever again. It was all blue and black blood, skin being ripped to shred with a razor, screaming and pleading to be let go, being forced down against your will, sobbing out pure tears, crying blood, forcing a knife in your palms, and a broken sould wondering home at 3AM with no hope at all left. 

It was a broken child. 

It was a teenage girl with tears in her eyes because life isn't fair. 

It was the feeling of craving death altogether. 

It was a kid screaming to their parents to be let go. 

It was the vomit staring up at the crying kid who threw up because they couldn't take the stress.

It was the knife slowly pressing into clear skin. 

It was the cries of a teenager wo just wanted to feel something again. 

It was the loud music blasting from a speaker to block out the sounds of screaming parents and their own crying.

It was the numbness taking over physically and mentally. 

It was the feeling of death finally taking the soul that is rightfully theirs. 

It was a stream of blood falling from a person's fucked up arm. 

It was a messed up fanfiction that some hopeless kid wrote as a vent because no one in their life will fucking understand that they feel all these things and are so numb. 

It was that same kid crying to themselves every night and ruining everything they love on accident. 

It was a shattered vase cutting up bare feet. 

It was that kid trying so hard but giving up. 

It was finally over. 

-:-:-

-mags