sixty-two

Mike continued to place his books on the small shelf full of his items. It made him happy to organize what he could rightfully call his own, but the sound of someone throwing his door open made the boy stop.

"Oh... hey, Norton. What's u-"

Before any more words could escape his lips, Mike's body slammed up against the wall, being held there tightly by his neck. He choked on a breath, before entirely choking on everything else. Coughing and sputtering, he tried to stare right back at the angry boy before him; despite the efforts, he could barely keep his eyes open any longer. Tears flooded his vision. 

He began to sob, though he found himself choking on them, as he couldn't breathe at all. 

"You dumbass! Play rank! I'm not asking you anymore! The new players are coming to the manor soon, and I heard something else was being introduced! You don't have a choice anymore! You're playing rank!"

Norton's eyes flared with anger, as he held the other boy's neck tighter. He watched the life fade from the other's eyes. It made a sense of regret flood through Norton, so he dropped the male to the floor, who slammed against the ground and sputtered. Blood flew from his mouth in little sprays. 

"What the fuck?! What's wrong with you?!"

The acrobat's voice was distant and scratchy, as his throat was crushed. Norton watched the pathetic male, not sure if he should hug him or kick his skull in. 

"Norton! I didn't do anything to you! Why do you hate me so much?!"

The prospector, did nothing but storm off. He couldn't take what Mike was saying. Of course, he wanted to hate him for what he was doing to himself, but he couldn't find himself doing it. He left Mike in the hall once again, but this time, tears welled up in his eyes; he began to sob as he ran away, but Mike was far worse.  Mike would always be far worse. 

-:-:-

I've officially given up on living hahahahahahah